Vanning Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox
Latest topics
» Show us your Van
just a simple Question ??????? its a political one so if your hormonal please dont open ! - Page 2 Empty9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
just a simple Question ??????? its a political one so if your hormonal please dont open ! - Page 2 Empty9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
just a simple Question ??????? its a political one so if your hormonal please dont open ! - Page 2 Empty6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
just a simple Question ??????? its a political one so if your hormonal please dont open ! - Page 2 Empty25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
just a simple Question ??????? its a political one so if your hormonal please dont open ! - Page 2 Empty1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
just a simple Question ??????? its a political one so if your hormonal please dont open ! - Page 2 Empty14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
just a simple Question ??????? its a political one so if your hormonal please dont open ! - Page 2 Empty13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
just a simple Question ??????? its a political one so if your hormonal please dont open ! - Page 2 Empty26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
just a simple Question ??????? its a political one so if your hormonal please dont open ! - Page 2 Empty1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

just a simple Question ??????? its a political one so if your hormonal please dont open !

+9
Skippy
express post
M&M
Ramble
vanner065
free_styler1
highwaymenace
Vannin
BRUTLE
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

just a simple Question ??????? its a political one so if your hormonal please dont open ! - Page 2 Empty Re: just a simple Question ??????? its a political one so if your hormonal please dont open !

Post by mazdragon 6/7/2010, 1:54 pm

the saga never ends..... Very Happy

and yes, it is about getting together with friends, having a good time, catching up, getting ideas for more mods to your own van....at least there are people out there willing to judge and we thank them for their time and effort... Cool we thank those who help out, we thank those who support vanning, street maching and rodding etc etc cos without the supporters there wouldn't be a petrol head scene of any sort. We thank our friends for their friendship, we thank our parents for letting us use the kitchen table to repair gearboxes, we thank our kids for joining in the fun and giving it all a go so they can take over from us. Lets just get together and have a good time and hey, if you receive a trophy... well done!
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

just a simple Question ??????? its a political one so if your hormonal please dont open ! - Page 2 Empty Re: just a simple Question ??????? its a political one so if your hormonal please dont open !

Post by azwon 6/7/2010, 2:33 pm

well said maz.... it is all about a good time.....
azwon
azwon

Back to top Go down

Post by BRUTLE 13/8/2010, 7:18 am

"for christ sake get over it. if you think you can do a better job prove it. put your hand up and run a nationals or at least take the time to talk, and more importantly listen to those that have been doing it since the 1970's."

Very Happy thats all i was asking for Skippy ! TRANSPARENCY not the name calling or threats just tranparency of who these "Select Group" are so please do put a list up so i can talk or more importantly LISTEN to them ..... i do have questions Laughing . ....... but i will bet no such list EVER will be put up.
BRUTLE
BRUTLE

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 24/8/2010, 5:45 am

ho hum...
I'm organising a nationals - there will be those that support us, there will be those that won't.... who gives a f*k what those that don't support us think, if they cared about the van scene, they'd be there anyway. It's hard work, u can't please anyone and everyone, no one's ever happy bla bla bla.... yada yada yada.... que cera and all that crap..... however, i do thank those who will be supporting us, sponsoring the event and pitching in cos they luv what they do and live for the sport. You're a great bunch of people and together we'll still have a great time, a successful event and move vanning forward.
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by alien8 24/2/2011, 7:03 am

BRUTLE wrote:"for christ sake get over it. if you think you can do a better job prove it. put your hand up and run a nationals or at least take the time to talk, and more importantly listen to those that have been doing it since the 1970's."

Very Happy thats all i was asking for Skippy ! TRANSPARENCY not the name calling or threats just tranparency of who these "Select Group" are so please do put a list up so i can talk or more importantly LISTEN to them ..... i do have questions Laughing . ....... but i will bet no such list EVER will be put up.

I have been listening to all the arguments., and for what its worth I would like to add my piece.....As everyone knows I drive a Bedford., because I have a bias for BIG vans., I don't like green,or red vehicles., I don't like owners who put chev badges on the front of holdens (and I know about the legit arguments about running gear etc.,) its just a pet hate of mine., I like to look at murals/graphics and as a girl like to look at (PRETTY interiors) so I guess if you wanted my opinion on what was the best van on the paddock it would differ considerably from your's Al......If my name was posted on a list of (selected people)You would probably challenge my choice of Peoples choice..So I don't want to be approached by irate owners asking me Why I didn't vote for their van., and my reply would have to be (because its green)......I take my preferences to all car/van/hot rod/custom shows., so I give the judges credit for their unbiased opinions....And I'm sure when you think about it., we all have our pet hates and that reflects on our decision making skills.

I drive a big van., and will look at big vans 1st on the paddock., then paintwork that is muralled or has graphics/ will ignore the red and green vans until I have had a look at all the others......Just trying to be as honest as possible.... not that I don't appreciate the work/effort you put into you're van to the way you want it to look, I admire that, but I have predjudices and thats why I'm not a judge.....
alien8
alien8

Back to top Go down

Post by sundownernz01 24/2/2011, 9:59 am

Hi all,

It's good to see the problems and arguments over judging occur on both sides of the ditch. I've been in vanning since the '70s and here we are nearly 40 years on and still arguing about bloody trophies and judging.

Over here we have 3 major trophies: Peoples Choice, Vanners Choice and Super Van, the later being the van that get the most points from all the other categories. These include Best Big Van, Best Panel Van, Best Paint, Best Engineered etc etc.

Vanners Choice is as it states. All vanners attending the Nationals get a slip of paper in their goodie bag and vote for the van they like best. It has been know for club members to stack the vote for a particular van or member in their club and there's not much you can do about that but that seems to be a thing of the past.

Peoples Chioce is for people coming to check out the show. We don't have a problem with people not voting. We tell them just to vote for the van they would most like to take home. Vanners on the door remind them to vote before they leave. Whether we get 300 or 3000 votes it doesn't matter. It's their chance to be part of the event. Vanners don't vote for Peoples Choice so can't really stack the vote. Sometimes the crappiest van will win, or at least one you wouldn't expect, but who cares. It's the peoples vote and their choice. To get rid of Peoples Choice just because a particular van did (or didn't) win is rediculous.

Vanners attending the Nationals over here now are mainly just out for a good time with fellow vanners and bringing home a trophy is a bonus. We run with both Peoples Choice and Vanners Choice and it works OK for us.

Hope you get it sorted 'cause judging is a pain in the butt and arguing over it even more so.

Garry.
sundownernz01
sundownernz01

Back to top Go down

Post by vanner065 24/2/2011, 12:10 pm

Hi Garry,

Sounds a good way of doing it, who knows, one day it might happen here. But i believe the numbers that attend a NZ Nats compared to an Aussie Nats may suit your way of doing it. I agree, it has always been a problem so i guess we can only blame the person who first decided a van should get an award for what was done to it. lol Only time will tell on where it goes but as long as there are awards their will be disageements and arguements,
James

ps...Hope you guys are all ok there!!
vanner065
vanner065
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2