Vanning Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox
Latest topics
» Show us your Van
Buying a HJ panel van and need some ADVICE! - Page 3 Empty9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
Buying a HJ panel van and need some ADVICE! - Page 3 Empty9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
Buying a HJ panel van and need some ADVICE! - Page 3 Empty6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
Buying a HJ panel van and need some ADVICE! - Page 3 Empty25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
Buying a HJ panel van and need some ADVICE! - Page 3 Empty1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
Buying a HJ panel van and need some ADVICE! - Page 3 Empty14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
Buying a HJ panel van and need some ADVICE! - Page 3 Empty13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
Buying a HJ panel van and need some ADVICE! - Page 3 Empty26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
Buying a HJ panel van and need some ADVICE! - Page 3 Empty1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

Buying a HJ panel van and need some ADVICE!

+8
alien8
mazdragon
Shagginwagon82
pano
Odd_One_Out
Vannin
highwaymenace
lozzie
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Buying a HJ panel van and need some ADVICE! - Page 3 Empty Re: Buying a HJ panel van and need some ADVICE!

Post by Guest 7/1/2010, 10:34 am

were abouts in Mornington Peninsula are you as i grew up in crip point

Back to top Go down

Buying a HJ panel van and need some ADVICE! - Page 3 Empty Re: Buying a HJ panel van and need some ADVICE!

Post by lozzie 7/1/2010, 10:51 am

PAWSO! great words my friend, i understand what you're saying! I dont want to design her in anyway as yet because I just want to get it clean and painted and on the road..I cant wait to feel what its like to drive when complete...She is only a 202 and its going to be totally different to my 1995 statesman which i have had for 6 yrs hey!

Its down the track ill put design into her as i want to be 110% sure before I go down that track....I like to be certain...but im sure ill try different things with her...Its like my tattoo - took me a year to be 100% I wanted this picture I had in my head, I mean i sit on an idea for a while to see if i will still be interested in the same thing a yr or so lol...thats me anyways

and YES this is all new to me....hence why i AM here .... I want to listen to the vanners of Aus and get a feel for it...I have had the one car for 6yrs, now my dream is coming true .... i dont think you understand how excited I am...its hard having to wait for her...but good things come to those who wait Smile

Oh I know crib point mate, not far from me, prob about 30 min drive if that Smile
lozzie
lozzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Shagginwagon82 8/1/2010, 1:38 am

Do you really need to sell the stato???
She'd be a great donor car for a heart transplant.....
Not to mention the front seats....
It'd be like your old love reincarnated into a wild van!!
Shagginwagon82
Shagginwagon82

Back to top Go down

Post by lozzie 8/1/2010, 5:28 am

oh yes I know I have thought about it but I cant afford to keep her and buy my van! I have to sell my stato to buy the van! I will always love her and Ill miss her she served me a good 6 yrs with no issues, but my van will be unreal and i cant wait
lozzie
lozzie

Back to top Go down

Post by soundman 16/1/2010, 5:19 pm

lookin good Lozz. Well done on the purchase and Good luck with the build. -
soundman
soundman

Back to top Go down

Post by HJSandman 1/2/2010, 5:13 am

Some great pics there. I've just started my HJ Sandy project, so I know what you're going through.
Keep up the pics please.
HJSandman
HJSandman

http://www.mysandman.com.au

Back to top Go down

Buying a HJ panel van and need some ADVICE! - Page 3 Empty BAD NEWS

Post by lozzie 3/2/2010, 9:07 am

Got a phone call today....

Bad news..very BAD news Sad

Dream van has gone down the drain...

The guys applied the primer and got the 2PAC paint ready .... spoke to another paint supplier/spray painter....

There is enamel under the coat....So the thing is that once the colour paint is applied, give it a few months and there prob be crows feet appearing all over the place...apparently the enamel moves under the hard coat and does this to the paint. He doesn't want to sell it to me now..said its too dodgy...and bringing it back to bear metal would cost a fortune and alot more of their time...

Money I dont have...

I am so shattered....

this has to be one of the worst days of my life

very depressed...my dream is shattered....cut up to tears

Sad((((

I really hope one will come my way...I still want a a van i wont be happy till i do
lozzie
lozzie

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 3/2/2010, 10:47 am

thats horrific news., hope you can find the dream you are chasing soon.

Daz
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

http://www.highwaymenace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 3/2/2010, 10:52 am

highwaymenace
highwaymenace

Back to top Go down

Post by Shagginwagon82 3/2/2010, 11:37 am

Lozzie, go and invest in some paint stripper and offer to strip the old girl!!!
Don't let it go!!!
Shagginwagon82
Shagginwagon82

Back to top Go down

Post by Vannin 3/2/2010, 12:28 pm

Soda blast it back to bare metal, won't cost as much as people think........

Van Council of Victoria meet tomorrow night at the HOTROD Rooms in Oakleigh........
Vannin
Vannin

Back to top Go down

Buying a HJ panel van and need some ADVICE! - Page 3 Empty chrome is good

Post by Mans Ruin 3/2/2010, 2:23 pm

gday loz,
i think chrome bumpers front and full length on the back would look good against the purple, the chrome will be a nice bit of bright against the rich colour, try to get premier bumpers with the rubber strips, maby even overriders, for abit of class?
thats my idea neway.
either way chick+sweet van+V8=SWEET!
good luck!
Rick
Mans Ruin
Mans Ruin

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 4/2/2010, 3:38 am

Hey lozzie, don't despair!! You're in Melbourne right? We have our meeting tonite at the club rooms. Come and visit us and have a chat to a few people, soda blasting's not that expensive, we may have some people that can help you..... when painters strip the paint off, the main cost is the labour as it can be intensive, soda blasting's much easier.... a few in the club have done this.... so come along and talk to us. Don't give up hope yet... look at it as being another avenue to make the van even better.... Very Happy
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 4/2/2010, 3:51 am

Hi Lossie are you sure he's not just trying to back out of the deal?

as my painter said most primer/ under coats for enamel are not oil based anymore. they are universal.
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

Back to top Go down

Post by HJSandman 4/2/2010, 5:37 am

Lozzie - media blasting external only should be no more than $1500 for the HJ. Don't let this van go, it's gone so far already!
HJSandman
HJSandman

http://www.mysandman.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3