Vanning Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox
Latest topics
» Show us your Van
Van on Ebay Empty9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
Van on Ebay Empty9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
Van on Ebay Empty6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
Van on Ebay Empty25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
Van on Ebay Empty1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
Van on Ebay Empty14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
Van on Ebay Empty13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
Van on Ebay Empty26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
Van on Ebay Empty1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

Van on Ebay

+7
highwaymenace
alien8
vanner065
DD.165
mazdragon
soundman
70s-groover
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Van on Ebay Empty Re: Van on Ebay

Post by 70s-groover 16/11/2008, 2:11 pm

Thers a great red HQ van on ebay as well with some custom gear on it.
70s-groover
70s-groover

Back to top Go down

Post by soundman 17/11/2008, 4:46 am

nice work agro. - you could start your museum with this, then move on to the wizard....
soundman
soundman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/11/2008, 11:01 am

soundman wrote:nice work agro. - you could start your museum with this, then move on to the wizard....

Thanks for the suggestion soundman. Very Happy
But my financial adviser would have something to say about it. Crying or Very sad
Wizard would be furtherest from my selection of vans for a museum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/11/2008, 11:26 am

I've bid against this bloke before.
He buys them for next to nothing and then doubles the price to re-sell them. Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 17/11/2008, 11:13 pm

Agro wrote:I've bid against this bloke before.
He buys them for next to nothing and then doubles the price to re-sell them. Mad

that's how you stay in business and make your money - that's life, que sera sera, Very Happy Twisted Evil Idea
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/11/2008, 10:41 am

I realise that Maz but i wonder how much he paid for it in the first place. Suspect Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 18/11/2008, 11:01 pm

probably only a few dollars. That's life dear. If you were in business, you'd do the same thing. Even if he only makes a few dollars profit, he's still out it front and that's what pays the bills..... Very Happy
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/11/2008, 11:15 pm

I was in business for over 5 years, but i never thought about making a business out of buying and selling on Ebay.

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 19/11/2008, 10:42 am

People had been doing that for years in the trading post.... now it's electronic on ebay and trading post. It's amazing what some people buy, keep for a couple of months and then sell again... my nephews wife does it all the time with older porcelain dolls etc etc. She makes money on them, however, not a killing. Keeps her off the streets i guess... Smile
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by DD.165 22/11/2008, 11:49 am

Nothing for free Sad thats life.
DD.165
DD.165

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 24/11/2008, 4:27 am

nope there's always a price, tho sometimes, if you are nice, you get something nice in return some day.... (keep it clean!)
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by soundman 24/11/2008, 9:53 am

Those at the 2007 Caboolture Van National will remember this van.
Seen on ebay.
Take it home and make the memory last forever... yours for only $30k

Van on Ebay Mercv1
soundman
soundman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/11/2008, 1:13 am

im sure the young guy that has it only paid $8K for it and got mad and left when he didnt get a spot in the top 10.

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 25/11/2008, 2:45 am

not sure i like the front... Neutral what's the rest like? i didn't go to caboolture, so didn't see it Shocked
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/11/2008, 3:17 am

he cleaned it up. but it had surface rust over the grill bars.
the chrome went off on the diff. the body mods were showing their age.
i must have been a nice van in its day. it can be if some money is spent on it again.
it wouldnt take much but i didnt like the front much either. the inside still looked good.

Back to top Go down

Post by vanner065 25/11/2008, 3:50 am

I had the opportunity to buy it for around the 8g mark , we were looking at it for Fiona before we built Temptress, nice van but wouldn't pay 30 for it, especially when you see how much vans like Jade and Street Legal sold for. (cheaper and better than this van) Even Total Eclipse would be a muchbetter buy and a lot cheaper, (no its not for sale now)
vanner065
vanner065
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vanner065 25/11/2008, 3:54 am

I hate the attitudes of people who go to shows and EXPECT to win something then get pissed off when they don't, its a sport and a hobby and should be fun no matter if you win or loose. One thing i am proud of is i have never ever gone to a show and expected to win something because you never know what will show up on the day and you may just go home disappointed, i would rather go home knowing i had a great time.
vanner065
vanner065
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alien8 25/11/2008, 9:14 am

vanner065 wrote:I hate the attitudes of people who go to shows and EXPECT to win something then get pissed off when they don't, its a sport and a hobby and should be fun no matter if you win or loose. One thing i am proud of is i have never ever gone to a show and expected to win something because you never know what will show up on the day and you may just go home disappointed, i would rather go home knowing i had a great time.

Hear Hear James, and exactly the reason I dont get the van judged, then I cant get disappointed.
" Dont want to be disappointed then dont get your van judged " have a great time, check out everyone elses vans, and as long as you are satisfied with the work you have put in on your van, does it really matter if or what you might or might not win. cheers Wink
alien8
alien8

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 28/11/2008, 12:36 pm

vanner065 wrote:I hate the attitudes of people who go to shows and EXPECT to win something then get pissed off when they don't, its a sport and a hobby and should be fun no matter if you win or loose. One thing i am proud of is i have never ever gone to a show and expected to win something because you never know what will show up on the day and you may just go home disappointed, i would rather go home knowing i had a great time.

some who do wish to chace a trophy do make a simple mistake, doors shut = 0 points same as bonet shut no points and we all know they add up in the over all score,, i feel some judging standards need to change and i know i am called Trophaholic but its great for my sponsors but hey if i dont get 1 thats fine. but when a 4x4 with a canopy wins top van over a van that sucks.......
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

http://www.highwaymenace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 28/11/2008, 12:56 pm

same reason i generally don't get beigy judged now... same with the vr wagon, only reason i had that judged was for the murals... the rest of it was, well, let's face it, it was a daily driver.... the van is also a daily driver, don't expect trophies for it, never will, it's not a trophy hunter, but to have someone stand there and make positive comments on it when they don't know it's yours, thats better than a trophy. Must admit, (sorry to say for those who think this is conceited), but i thought beigy looked great last saturday, thanks to Richard as well who brought some miracle cleaner that cleaned the engine bay and under the bonet so well, he almost looked showroom from a distance..... I also find it more pleasing to be at a set of lights and have people pull up next to me, nod their head, smile and give a thumbs up.... Very Happy , that makes my day. Trophies collect dust, smiles and positive reenforcement are treasured memories....
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/11/2008, 12:58 pm

I agree.
Mine isn't for trophy hunting (although 1 would be nice Very Happy ) but it is for daily use and i agree with Maz, when people go past then nearly run off the road looking at the van - now THAT is priceless. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Devilsgrip 28/11/2008, 1:04 pm

Hey Agro wot's that sticker on you tail gate? Or is it a sticker ? Cool

Devilsgrip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next