Vanning Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox
Latest topics
» Show us your Van
Vans of Australia. share your pics here - Page 4 Empty9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
Vans of Australia. share your pics here - Page 4 Empty9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
Vans of Australia. share your pics here - Page 4 Empty6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
Vans of Australia. share your pics here - Page 4 Empty25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
Vans of Australia. share your pics here - Page 4 Empty1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
Vans of Australia. share your pics here - Page 4 Empty14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
Vans of Australia. share your pics here - Page 4 Empty13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
Vans of Australia. share your pics here - Page 4 Empty26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
Vans of Australia. share your pics here - Page 4 Empty1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

Vans of Australia. share your pics here

+13
angliadon
HqPano
wizard1
Shagginwagon82
pano
highwaymenace
Fat Tony
70s-groover
Devilsgrip
vanner065
alien8
mazdragon
Admin
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Vans of Australia. share your pics here - Page 4 Empty Re: Vans of Australia. share your pics here

Post by Shagginwagon82 6/1/2010, 2:47 pm

AGR071 wrote:
pano wrote:i wouldnt mind seeing a few more pics of that exhaust like how it runs under the car as thats what im gonna do on my van but with one each side Very Happy

Thats what i'm either looking at.
Them or full length sidepipes.
Decisions, decisions, decisions

Hey Pano & Agro,

I had these pipes for a while.
My 2 problems were:
1. ground clearance- loss an extra 3 inches under the car by the time you take into account the mufflers used. Also the mufflers sit under your feet so the extra clearance lost is pretty much centre between the front and back wheels- the worst place to lose clearance!!
2. Hot Feet- The foot wells get bloody hot after a long drive or a big skid due to mufflers being under your feet. Cruise to/from Summernats was hard- had to wear thongs entire trip.

But the sound was AMAZING!!!
Only reason I changed was that Mr E.P.A. said I can't run my exhaust at 112dBs for some reason. Something about the legal limit is 98dB and a jet aircraft under full throttle was 120dB. Maybe because the exhaust was dual 3".

Oh and Pano, law states that you cannot have an exhaust outlet exiting the passanger side of the vehicle due to pedestrian traffic on sidewalks.
Shagginwagon82
Shagginwagon82

Back to top Go down

Vans of Australia. share your pics here - Page 4 Empty Re: Vans of Australia. share your pics here

Post by HqPano 7/1/2010, 2:01 am

pano wrote:i wouldnt mind seeing a few more pics of that exhaust like how it runs under the car as thats what im gonna do on my van but with one each side Very Happy

alright i'll take some more pictures of the exhaust and put them up as soon as i can Very Happy
HqPano
HqPano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/1/2010, 11:16 am

Shagginwagon82 wrote:Oh and Pano, law states that you cannot have an exhaust outlet exiting the passanger side of the vehicle due to pedestrian traffic on sidewalks.

How do dump pipes go? or is it because they point to the ground rather then outwards??

Back to top Go down

Post by pano 7/1/2010, 11:48 am

sounds good hqpano hope to see em soon

well thats not fair crushing my dream Rolling Eyes hey Shagginwagon do u know y side pipes r legal and dump pipes out both sides arent??
pano
pano

Back to top Go down

Post by Shagginwagon82 8/1/2010, 2:08 am

Yep, actually both are illegal unless they came out standard on that model- example some corvettes, trans ams, etc. came out standard with chevy dumpers.
Apparently, the Gospel according to Saint RTA Engineers states that exhaust systems even when replaced cannot differ from original spec. Us lucky people with commercial vehicles are void from that law due to the variations allowed by commercial vehicles. However we are still bound by the basics being- 98dBs of volume, 18" from last opening on the side of the vehicle, 6" from tyres, 4" ground clearance, most only leave from the rear or driver's side of the vehicle, tailpipe(s) must extend pass body, tailpipe(s) must allow exhaust emmissions to leave parrallel with the road surface. Make sure you double check all this stuff cause this was a few years back now and it's only from what I remember. The measuremnets for the last opening, tyre and ground clearance just happened to work well for a pano cause I could squeeze a dual 2 1/2" tips out the side while still being legal. Mind you, back then the arse of my van was still up in the air for clearance.
Shagginwagon82
Shagginwagon82

Back to top Go down

Post by Shagginwagon82 8/1/2010, 2:14 am

pano wrote:sounds good hqpano hope to see em soon

well thats not fair crushing my dream Rolling Eyes hey Shagginwagon do u know y side pipes r legal and dump pipes out both sides arent??

Sorry for the dream crushing Pano...
I too had my dream crushed by several appointments with the EPA and my exhaust guy.
We ended up running slip joints after the extractors. I ran 2 exhausts- my everyday pipes were dual 3" mandrel bend pipes with sports mufflers (use to set of car alarms down main streets....awesome) and a set of 2" pipes with big truck mufflers which gave a perfect 98dBs. Everytime I was sent to the EPA I'd jack the van up and swap over the pipes as the chrome tips were identical. No one knew any different.
Shagginwagon82
Shagginwagon82

Back to top Go down

Post by Pawso1 8/1/2010, 11:12 am

poo....both my panos are naughty. Thanks for the advice shagginwagon. So many exhaust laws.
Pawso1
Pawso1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/1/2010, 12:33 pm

How would something like Street Legal go where it's pipes end before the diff?
I used to have a HJ Stato and had a 3" single dumped after the diff and never got hassled, so i must have been lucky. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by vanner065 27/2/2011, 12:18 pm

Was talking to some one a couple of weeks ago who knew the guy who last owned this van "The Exhibitionist" He said it was stripped and left in the backyard for years and later destroyed.

Vans of Australia. share your pics here - Page 4 0110
vanner065
vanner065
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azwon 27/2/2011, 12:37 pm

what grille did they use in "the Exhibitionist ??
azwon
azwon

Back to top Go down

Post by VANTOM 5/7/2013, 8:14 am

premeam(?) plates have gone up now,Im pay'n $99 now. (XT68PV)I know its not very imaginitave,but it'll do.(sorry about th spell'n)
VANTOM
VANTOM

Back to top Go down

Vans of Australia. share your pics here - Page 4 Empty RE:EXHAUST

Post by JG47XC 6/7/2013, 3:09 am

When i was go to get my van regoed back in AUG11 i asked about side pipes from the NSW RTA and they said no as the lift section was classed as a opening door and you can drive with it open, they said they had to come straight out the back!!!! Well i said that the fumes will just get sucked into the back of the van, what about out the sides passed the rear wheels? and they said no i argued with them until i was get hot under the coluor and he was getting redfaced. I said it was standard on my 68XTwagon, my 74XB van,my 84XEwagon this is a 77XC van i'm talking about!!!!!! He said new EPA rules says out the back and 90dbs max, as i'm a truck driver i get pulled up by the RTA a lot for logbook,licence,vehicle check and i asked a few about it the best i could get was out the back at 45deg at least it gets it way from straight out the back
Vans of Australia. share your pics here - Page 4 9-18_l10
JG47XC
JG47XC

Back to top Go down

Post by VANTOM 9/7/2013, 7:40 am

G'day mate,looks like you got th gearbox fixt! same as my XT pano,th exhaust was out th side(driver) from th factory.We have a bloke in our club who has side pipers,I asked him if got hasseled by th pigz,he said no.AND as for th argument b'n an opening door? wrong,it is a upper tailgate w/ a sealed window!!!I am go'n to put them on my pano as soon as i can afford them. stuff th pigz!!!!!!!and th RTA there just a bunch ov nobes anyway!WAY TO MANY STUPID LAWS!!!!!!Cheers.(hope I dident offend)Cool
VANTOM
VANTOM

Back to top Go down

Post by JG47XC 12/7/2013, 5:03 am

VANTOM wrote:G'day mate,looks like you got th gearbox fixt! same as my XT pano,th exhaust was out th side(driver) from th factory.We have a bloke in our club who has side pipers,I asked him if got hasseled by th pigz,he said no.AND as for th argument b'n an opening door? wrong,it is a upper tailgate w/ a sealed window!!!I am go'n to put them on my pano as soon as i can afford them. stuff th pigz!!!!!!!and th RTA there just a bunch ov nobes anyway!WAY TO MANY STUPID LAWS!!!!!!Cheers.(hope I dident offend)Cool
Your right the laws are stupid!! I'd hate to try and get anything that is heaverly motified on the road!!
they wheren't going to allow my front wheels as they don't have weight limits on them and my rear are in pounds they said they will have to ring the company that made them to find out what the limits are...
I started laughing and said good luck ringing Samson Engineering of S.A. as i think they went out of production back in the late 70's!!!!! They are real bright in the RTA and the engineers that did my Certifiate,so they put wheels standard on the EC Rolling Eyes Mad Rolling Eyes
JG47XC
JG47XC

Back to top Go down

Post by VANTOM 15/7/2013, 5:10 am

I was just on th auto krarfters site,they sell side pipes w/ built in mufflers @ 3' by 70' for $254.95.!!!! thats a pair!!!not sure on shipping though.
VANTOM
VANTOM

Back to top Go down

Post by vanner065 15/7/2013, 1:06 pm

Azwon, the grill in the Exhibitionist was a custom made grill
vanner065
vanner065
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4