Vanning Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox
Latest topics
» Show us your Van
Thought I might share an answer with you's Empty9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
Thought I might share an answer with you's Empty9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
Thought I might share an answer with you's Empty6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
Thought I might share an answer with you's Empty25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
Thought I might share an answer with you's Empty1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
Thought I might share an answer with you's Empty14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
Thought I might share an answer with you's Empty13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
Thought I might share an answer with you's Empty26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
Thought I might share an answer with you's Empty1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

Thought I might share an answer with you's

5 posters

Go down

Thought I might share an answer with you's Empty Thought I might share an answer with you's

Post by Ramble 1/7/2009, 6:31 am

I sent an email to SM about a van mag or regular feature.basically asked a direct question wether they had plans of doing something for the vanners. following is the reply.........

Thanks for your email, Geoff.

Direct answer: No, we will not do a magazine on panel vans. We need to sell a certain number of magazines to make a buck, and the van market is not big enough, even for a one-off mag. Sorry, but that’s the hard financial reality.

Will we do a regular section? Probably not, but we will continue to include panel vans in our usual mix of features and departments. I agree panel vans are part of the street machine family, and we welcome contributions from vanners to all our usual reader-focused departments – Your Stuff, Iron Maiden, Young Gun, Readers Cars, My Shed and On Any Sunday – and any new builds will be considered for features on the same grounds we apply to all potential feature cars. As far as covering van events, there’s a six-page feature on the 2009 Van Nats in the next issue, on sale in two weeks

Kindest regards
Geoff Seddon

Well that about says it all eh?
Sad Crying or Very sad
Ramble
Ramble

Back to top Go down

Thought I might share an answer with you's Empty Re: Thought I might share an answer with you's

Post by CURSED 1/7/2009, 9:10 am

it was to be expected, they put a hell of alot of crap in the mag and most of it is ads.
CURSED
CURSED

Back to top Go down

Thought I might share an answer with you's Empty Re: Thought I might share an answer with you's

Post by highwaymenace 1/7/2009, 9:36 am

thats the out come i expected, but this shows they have a positive view of vans so lets send items into Your Stuff, Iron Maiden, Young Gun, Readers Cars, My Shed and On Any Sunday so we get more exsposure.

ps: to effort Ramble for asking the RIGHT question.
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

http://www.highwaymenace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramble 1/7/2009, 11:56 am

Thanks Daz. I suppose we cant complain too much, there was the 6pack last month and the nats comming up next month. Very Happy
In a perfect world we would have CV&T back but that aint gunna happen in my life time Im sure. lol!
Ramble
Ramble

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 1/7/2009, 12:01 pm

hey Geoff

you done great.
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

http://www.highwaymenace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/7/2009, 12:31 pm

Well done Geoff.
Can't say that i'm not surprised as $$ drives everything nowadays.
BUT i'm VERY dissapointed. Mad Mad

Back to top Go down

Thought I might share an answer with you's Empty street machine

Post by wkdvan 1/7/2009, 1:28 pm

this gives us Vanners more reason to bulid new vans and perhaps do garage days then send photos in to street machine.
Lets get our vans out and about put them in the public eye together we cruize divided we loose VANS RULE
wkdvan
wkdvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/7/2009, 1:53 pm

You guys in Vic are always going on runs.
You should have HEAPS of pics to send in. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 2/7/2009, 1:41 am

we do go on runs, but unfortunately, well not unfortunately in the true sense of the word, it's always the same ones that show up and I don't think they'll keep reprinting the photos of the same vehicles.... but thanks to Geoff for his effort in asking the question in the first place... well done! and you even got a response which is an added bonus.
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/7/2009, 1:43 am

It's disappointing to read that but in some ways I understand where the mags coming from too; I will still be submitting Van related articles after the success of the 6 pack and Mr Damage, and will be endeavouring to keep a bit of Van stuff in there at least a couple of times a year hopefully.

have fun

Simo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/7/2009, 12:43 pm

Thanks SimoIt's good to see someone is batting for the vanners. Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramble 2/7/2009, 3:46 pm

Yeh Simmo,like Agro said, Keep up the good work,
Ramble
Ramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/7/2009, 11:10 am

Thanks Guys, I'm tryin' don't you worry!

Simo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down