Vanning Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox
Latest topics
» Show us your Van
East Coast Vanners Empty9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
East Coast Vanners Empty9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
East Coast Vanners Empty6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
East Coast Vanners Empty25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
East Coast Vanners Empty1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
East Coast Vanners Empty14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
East Coast Vanners Empty13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
East Coast Vanners Empty26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
East Coast Vanners Empty1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

East Coast Vanners

+4
Odd_One_Out
highwaymenace
pano
Ramble
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

East Coast Vanners Empty East Coast Vanners

Post by Guest 28/7/2009, 3:41 pm

Based in both Sydney & Newcastle but have included Wollongong as well.
We have members in these area's as well as a member in Molong and Brisbane
We strive to have a run every month alternate between Sydney & Newcastle.
99% of our members also use Facebook

Back to top Go down

East Coast Vanners Empty Re: East Coast Vanners

Post by Ramble 4/8/2009, 12:56 pm

What would be involved in setting up a sub branch up my way that could attend club runs and meetings once a month
Ramble
Ramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/8/2009, 1:25 pm

Hi Geoff
We don't have meetings so that isn't a drama and i'm sure that a few of us (mainly the Newcastle members i'd say) would be interested in doing a trip up your way.
It's about 3 1/2 hours between us, so i wonder what township of interest would be about half way?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/12/2009, 5:23 am

I started a forum (first one and i'm computer illiterate).I have been experimenting with it for about a week now so it's still in it's learning period so please be gentle.
This is what i have as the opening comment!

NOTE
This forum is in no competition to any other vanning forum that is around.

Is has been designed for either members of East Coast Vanners or other interested people in what has happened/will be happening with our club.

If you wish to contribute anything please feel free to do so.

All runs posted on this forum is of open nature and will NOT be invite only

This is NOT a secret/hidden forum that we have been continually accused of having neither are the runs "invite only".So if your in our local area on a particular run date - please visit us

As it says it's NOT in competition to this forum or any others, and if anyone wants to know what we are up to, it saves searching the other vanning forums looking for our stuff.

So if you have some input, selling etc in which East Coast members and guests would be interested in, post it.

BASICALLY it's like a newsletter for everyone to see with regular updates.

http://eastcoastvanners.free-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by pano 26/12/2009, 6:07 am

i just tryed to register and it sed i exceeded the maximum number of registration attempts for a session lol it kept saying the code i put in was to short! hahaha owell ill have to try again l8r
pano
pano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/12/2009, 6:39 am

I've got admin looking into it as we speak.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/12/2009, 11:59 am

And for what ever reason you can't read the verification, click on the "Board administrator" above it to inform moderator.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/12/2009, 2:00 pm

AGR071 wrote:

BASICALLY it's like a newsletter for everyone to see with regular updates.

http://eastcoastvanners.free-forum.net

When I click on the link I cant see anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/12/2009, 3:54 am

Did you register/login?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/12/2009, 9:47 am

AGR071 wrote:Did you register/login?
Why should you have to register or login just to view it? Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/12/2009, 11:36 am

That's just the way i wanted to do it, that's all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/12/2009, 12:14 pm

So it's not really for everyone to see, as you have to feel obligated by signing up. Oh well good luck with that, can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/12/2009, 12:57 pm

Hi Jon.
Thanks for your comments on our forum, it is appreciated. Very Happy
It takes about 2 minutes to register and if you don't like what's on it, you don't have to visit again.
I have had to register on several websites/forums (not those type ones) that i have visited, to be able to read the contents or even to access newsletters etc, actually from memory wasn't one of Fres's forums like this?
So basically if anyone is interested in what we are doing, registering won't be that much of a hassle.
Thanks again
Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/12/2009, 1:07 pm

Hi Craig

I can understand what you have done but I think its counter-productive in the long run.

Initially, when Fres started his site, you could reply to any comment, without registering but he changed it later once things started to heat up, especially with the flamewar between ECW and MW.

You are correct that its not much of a hassle to register for any forum, but doesnt your forum's aim run contra to your group's aims. That is, you have an open transparent "anyone can attend" runs yet you have a closed door "invite only" forum.

I think by adopting this stance you have lost credibility straight away. I think you better go back to the drawing board and decide what you want to do.

cheers

Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/12/2009, 1:18 pm

Thanks for your comments Sean. Very Happy

Unfortunatly i beg to differ on something.
I don't see how it could be an "invite only" run when all you have to do is register to find out what's going on.

My idea of an "invite only" run is if i sent those that i wanted to go, an email stating when & where, where-as all anyone has to do is to register and it's there for everyone to see.

This way i can gain an idea on the consistancy that people are viewing, and an idea on where most of people are. For an example, if say 10 different people visited from hypothetically Wollongong, there could be a run organised to go there one month and meet up with these people.This way it will be catering for those particular people from the vanning community in that area.

Cheers

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 30/12/2009, 1:21 pm

i think there is nothing wrong in having to register to any forum as they are all this way these days so it does not stop anyone just
need to reg ( its free ).
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

http://www.highwaymenace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/12/2009, 1:29 pm

Craig & Daz

I dont quite agree.

If you wish the van scene to prosper, then it should be open to everyone, just like MW. We have an open door policy ie anyone can attend.

It doesnt matter which club they belong to, when a run is held, just as long they get along with another and have a good time. We dont say, you belong to ECW, we dont want to talk to you, POQ. On the contrary.

I dont want to start another flamewar but all I am saying is that maybe, maybe, you should have a section for the runs, where its accessible by everyone, not just those who are registered to join the forum.

Now, I would like to go along to one of your runs but I dont want to register for the forum. How do I find out when the next run is on?

cheers

Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 30/12/2009, 1:36 pm

what your saying is incorrect to me about the MV forum as i just tried to do a test post and it comes up with reg or log in to post so its no different to any other forum, i have no problems with that so your point is invalid Sean.
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/12/2009, 1:44 pm

blue diamond wrote:

Now, I would like to go along to one of your runs but I dont want to register for the forum. How do I find out when the next run is on?

cheers

Sean

Well Sean.

I feel that this is a valid point you have raised, and as i'm open to productive criticism, i'll attempt to get something of this nature shown on the front page ASAP.
This way it'll be available for all to see.

Cheers

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/12/2009, 1:45 pm

Daz, you are incorrect.

When you click on Craig's hyperlink, http://eastcoastvanners.free-forum.net/, you see a full page, with a note that states the following,

#NOTE#
This forum is in no competition to any other vanning forum that is around.

Is has been designed for either members of East Coast Vanners or other interested people in what has happened/will be happening with our club.

If you wish to contribute anything please feel free to do so.

All runs posted on this forum is of open nature and will NOT be invite only

and a login section asking for your username and password. However you can not see any posts, of which there have been 88 posts and 16 total topics.

When you click on our webpage, http://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/, you can see all of the posts and topics. Yes, you do have to register to post but you can see it, but Craig's forum, you cant.

You try and tell me the difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by Odd_One_Out 30/12/2009, 1:49 pm

It does`nt have anything to do with me whatsoever but I think I can see both sides of the viewing spectrum here...

Just say I wanna go into to Stato.com just for `a look`... and I have to register just to do that than I probably would`nt bother... but maybe somewhere in there I could contribute something to some-one but I naver will cause I don`t wanna register cause I got no intention of ever posting there (i just wanna go in there for a look)and I don`t want my email inbox loaded up with crap either.
I was viewing here long before I ever posted anything... The only reason I signed up was to post a comment.

From AGGROs point of view... it`s only a small social forum so you should really have to sign up to view!
It`s a good way of keeping track of `something` when there`s alot of wierdos` out there in cyberspace.

I can see both points of view here though... It`s a hard one though... confused
Odd_One_Out
Odd_One_Out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/12/2009, 1:50 pm

Thanks Craig

I am sure you have spent a considerable period of time setting up the forum, and I will help you, if you need a hand, but sometimes it just needs a different point of view, to see things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/12/2009, 2:09 pm

At least Craig was decent enough to try and notify people of his new forum, not just notify certain people like someone else did when they set this forum up. I still dont know why you just didn't change this forum over to an ECV forum as the admin is ECV and most of the main members are ECV. You only would've had to do an update of the title at the top, which would've been less work.

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 30/12/2009, 2:12 pm

ok i'm wrong about seeing topics but i am right about posting,, but everyone to thier own. both MV & ECV forums are great to have up and running.. MORE FORUMS = MORE EXPOSURE.
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/12/2009, 2:21 pm

More forums equals more seperation not more exposure. It just keeps the groups apart even more, MV starts a new forum, so low and behold ECV has to start one. And you wonder why you cant get people together and we're all over the van scene. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next