Vanning Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox
Latest topics
» Show us your Van
IDEAS FOR THE PERFECT VAN NATIONALS - Page 3 Empty9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
IDEAS FOR THE PERFECT VAN NATIONALS - Page 3 Empty9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
IDEAS FOR THE PERFECT VAN NATIONALS - Page 3 Empty6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
IDEAS FOR THE PERFECT VAN NATIONALS - Page 3 Empty25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
IDEAS FOR THE PERFECT VAN NATIONALS - Page 3 Empty1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
IDEAS FOR THE PERFECT VAN NATIONALS - Page 3 Empty14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
IDEAS FOR THE PERFECT VAN NATIONALS - Page 3 Empty13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
IDEAS FOR THE PERFECT VAN NATIONALS - Page 3 Empty26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
IDEAS FOR THE PERFECT VAN NATIONALS - Page 3 Empty1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

IDEAS FOR THE PERFECT VAN NATIONALS

+13
BRUTLE
M&M
Skippy
vanner065
Elegantly Wasted
Monk
mandy
CURSED
free_styler1
Shagginwagon82
alien8
mazdragon
highwaymenace
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

IDEAS FOR THE PERFECT VAN NATIONALS - Page 3 Empty Re: IDEAS FOR THE PERFECT VAN NATIONALS

Post by CURSED 5/5/2009, 10:21 am

is it really that hard to come up with something new?.........never mind me.
CURSED
CURSED

Back to top Go down

IDEAS FOR THE PERFECT VAN NATIONALS - Page 3 Empty Re: IDEAS FOR THE PERFECT VAN NATIONALS

Post by Guest 5/5/2009, 11:02 am

how about we have NO judging and just show our vans??? this way the ordinary person can see the vans on the sunday and the bitching can be left on the forums Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

IDEAS FOR THE PERFECT VAN NATIONALS - Page 3 Empty Judging

Post by M&M 5/5/2009, 11:07 am

Hey Original Vanner.... I second that but there are a lot of people that put the time and effort into their vans for the purpose of competing/winning and they deserve to be judged.
M&M
M&M

Back to top Go down

IDEAS FOR THE PERFECT VAN NATIONALS - Page 3 Empty Judging

Post by M&M 5/5/2009, 11:08 am

Unfortunately there will always be bitching. You will never alleviate that fact. Much as we have all tried. Crying or Very sad
M&M
M&M

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/5/2009, 12:19 pm

CURSED wrote:is it really that hard to come up with something new?.........never mind me.

It was just to get an idea of how things happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by M&M 5/5/2009, 1:26 pm

Along those lines Fres tried a separate judging system one year to see how it panned out. While the actual judging was being carried out he gave some of us the option to pick, I thing it was the top 10. then he tabulated the results. I believe the final result was similar to the Judges, Fres can you please confirm or deny this fact for me. The only problem we have then is how to pick the people to give the list to as, believe it or not, there are some who would put there van, and all their mates and get their mates to do the same, I know because they have tried this in the entrants choice and similar type awards in the past where the trophies are based on filling in a form and handing it back.
M&M
M&M

Back to top Go down

Post by Elegantly Wasted 5/5/2009, 4:37 pm

Many drinks since that exercise...

I believe most entrants chose who they thought should be in the Top Ten (once we put the entrants number at the top to give a level playing field). Votes were counted to see which ten vans qualified. The votes by those ten van owners were used to determine the order in which they would be placed. It worked way back then, but workmanship and cleanliness appears to count for more these days and is very difficult to pick from outside the fences. It can still work, but not the best format for the Van Nats.
Elegantly Wasted
Elegantly Wasted

Back to top Go down

Post by Shagginwagon82 6/5/2009, 12:36 am

The perfect nationals....

I think the perfect nationals would be held on a lushious green field with a wide tarred road layed around it....
A burnout pad sitting preciously beside an 1/8th mile drag strip....
Fuel, tyres and alcohol are free...
There would be vans as far as the eye could see all, each as brilliant as the next...
The vanners all camp together around the fire barrels having a sing-a-long to the likes of ACDC, Kiss and Dogman....
And the only bad words that would ever be said at the perfect nations would be used as adjectives...."*#$%@ awesome burnout, mate!!"

Well we can dream......
Shagginwagon82
Shagginwagon82

Back to top Go down

Post by soundman 6/5/2009, 3:57 am

'kin aye scotty... except satdy nite when AC/DC would actually play....
soundman
soundman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shagginwagon82 6/5/2009, 7:10 am

I thought that they'd be the one's leading the sing-a-long...
Shagginwagon82
Shagginwagon82

Back to top Go down

Post by soundman 6/5/2009, 7:13 am

sing along with the likes of.... i like your thinkin. rekon i'd work that one for free for sure...
soundman
soundman

Back to top Go down

Post by Skippy 6/5/2009, 12:31 pm

Sounds pretty perfect to me. Can we get the Angels, and maybe Suzi Q to be the support acts?
Skippy
Skippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/5/2009, 1:06 pm

Skippy wrote:Sounds pretty perfect to me. Can we get the Angels, and maybe Suzi Q to be the support acts?

And throw in the Radiators for good measure. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by M&M 6/5/2009, 1:10 pm

Can we have Jim Morrison and Jimmy Hendrix dug up for this as well, and Mandy wants Slade?
M&M
M&M

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/5/2009, 1:12 pm

Seeing that you are digging people up, CAN you bring back Fredie Mercury as well. Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 6/5/2009, 2:37 pm

And dont forget Lynyrd for good measure
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

http://www.highwaymenace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by M&M 6/5/2009, 3:00 pm

Yep we both agree with those 2 choices.
M&M
M&M

Back to top Go down

Post by Girl Torque 7/5/2009, 10:04 am

Original Vanner wrote:how about we have NO judging and just show our vans??? this way the ordinary person can see the vans on the sunday and the bitching can be left on the forums Very Happy Very Happy

sounds good Smile This is the way the SA American / rod scene is going - it's fantastic fun Smile

Girl Torque

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3