Vanning Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox
Latest topics
» Show us your Van
Caboolture Nats Empty9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
Caboolture Nats Empty9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
Caboolture Nats Empty6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
Caboolture Nats Empty25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
Caboolture Nats Empty1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
Caboolture Nats Empty14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
Caboolture Nats Empty13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
Caboolture Nats Empty26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
Caboolture Nats Empty1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

Caboolture Nats

+2
AGR071
Ramble
6 posters

Go down

Caboolture Nats Empty Caboolture Nats

Post by Ramble 22/3/2013, 9:50 am

Was just wondering if anybody has the numbers to how many vans are going to be at this years nats..
Im heaading up for the week prior doing the tourist thing and just attending the show and shine as a spectator...............cant wait Very Happy
Ramble
Ramble

Back to top Go down

Caboolture Nats Empty Re: Caboolture Nats

Post by AGR071 1/4/2013, 12:49 pm

SOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo, do we have a list of the top 10/20 at all?
Was there any controversy with these??
AGR071
AGR071

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramble 2/4/2013, 8:32 am

Wouldve been a tough choice Agro, There were so many top looking vans on show day.The wife and I walked around about three times to soak it all in. Was an awsome show. The vanners who displayed should feel proud. It knocked My socks off. I cant wait to get stuck into my van for 2014 Mildura.
To the guys on here who entered & all the other vanners there, Thank you so much for a top show day.
Ps my wifes faverioute on the day was Bedrock.. Very Happy
Ramble
Ramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramble 2/4/2013, 10:53 am

Ramble
Ramble

Back to top Go down

Post by BRUTLE 7/4/2013, 1:54 am

AGR071 wrote:SOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo, do we have a list of the top 10/20 at all?
Was there any controversy with these??
lol Agro its the Nats i'll tell you next time i see you Laughing
but i will tell you "most original" they say on there fb they only had one but i can assure you there were two i always wait for this award as its always a joke there were 2 one was a Hjxz style van the other a Htkg style both had fat wheels one chromies the other mags & the Htkg was covered in monaro badges ??????? both awsum Vans but so far from original its was laughable like i said i will tell you next time we catch up bud bounce
sorry if this offends anyone but just stating the facts !
BRUTLE
BRUTLE

Back to top Go down

Post by BRUTLE 7/4/2013, 1:57 am

Ohh Ohh Ohh i forgot the the Van with best graphix's was a commovan covered in murals lol not a Graphic in sight
BRUTLE
BRUTLE

Back to top Go down

Post by hell raiser 7/4/2013, 11:42 am

Here's a sneak peek of some video over the Easter weekend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh8mHjlQSRI

enjoy
Richard

hell raiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramble 12/4/2013, 12:19 pm

I went on show day, I walked around 2-3 times and formed My opinion of which was the top van on the day and Wow was i wrong.
Not to take anything away from the top van but there was some stand out vans that I thought was much ...um....Nicer?Better? or maybe just more effort put into.
Dont know who was judging but I (personally) dont think they got it right.
Ive probably pissed somebody off but like I said...Thats MY opinion only
Ramble
Ramble

Back to top Go down

Post by capricornguy 21/4/2013, 5:28 am

Ramble, I walked around a couple of times to and like you I cannot understand how they award it. There where alot of good vans there, I thought that some towards the lower end of the top 15 should of been in the top 5. There where three of us and we all thought the same thing. But again thats just our opinion. No disrespect intended as I do not know or understand what they look for

capricornguy

Back to top Go down

Post by vanner065 25/4/2013, 3:54 am

Gidday guys, Definately would of been a hard job judging. There will always be difference in opinion for who wins and who should win, who gets where and who should of got where, thats because we all have different things we like and believe it or not, prejudice and preference makes up most of our minds on what we believe should win and should place. There are many things the "normal" person does not see when some vans have had full rebuilds, that could be because we are not trained to look at/for certain things or are not aware of certain types of cars to notice changes. Now before people get upset, yes, some of us do notice these changes. Anyway, one thing i must make clear is, it is the judges who decide who wins what, NOT the host club. So much comes back onto the club holding the event. Judges are almost always independant from the clubs in the last 10-15 years. Yes the judges do get it wrong some times, but hey, no one else seems to be putting up their hand to say i will do it and do it better so we have to accept the judges decisions. In the case of "graphics" award that Al mentioned, i quieried this straight after the event. The judges said they could not find any vans with graphics, there were lots, incl Fres's van, Harry's van, Sandmans, the big red Chev van from WA and many more. Yes that is where they got it wrong, but they came back to Sunstate and said that Bernie's van Illusions actually won 2nd place in murals, unfortunately the award he recieved was already plaqued as Graphics, i hope that clears that up. Yes i also agree that some of the vans in the lower 15 should of been much higher and even Bernie's van Bedrock should of been in the top 5 yet he got nothing.
So looking at it, maybe the judges were not capable of judging to the Judging sheets or just not qualified enough to do the job, but at least we had judges, or maybe we put the vans on display for all to see and the Vanners only go around and pick their top 10 in what they like or how they judge it. Maybe this is the best way to pick the winners by vanners choice!! The only problem is it it a National event where the best of the best show up and they need to be judged. Heres another thought. Maybe we have a Judged top 10 and a vanners choice top 10. What do you think?
vanner065
vanner065
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AGR071 25/4/2013, 5:57 am

vanner065 wrote: Heres another thought. Maybe we have a Judged top 10 and a vanners choice top 10. What do you think?

Totally agree Judges top 10 & Vanners top 10.
The votes of the 2 x top 10 catagories get added together and the one with the most votes in Van Nats Winner???
AGR071
AGR071

Back to top Go down

Post by vanner065 25/4/2013, 7:42 am

well it would be an interesting concept, i might look at a poll and also put it to a few people.
vanner065
vanner065
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramble 26/4/2013, 6:49 am

Whats the difference between a mural and a graphic?
Ramble
Ramble

Back to top Go down

Post by AGR071 28/4/2013, 2:07 am

IMO Murals are pictures where graphics are lines, boxes etc.
Mid 70's to mid 80's had murals and mid 80's to mid 90's had graphics.
AGR071
AGR071

Back to top Go down

Post by AGR071 28/4/2013, 2:12 am

MURALS:
Caboolture Nats Fuzz_a10

GRAPHICS
Caboolture Nats Silver11
AGR071
AGR071

Back to top Go down

Post by capricornguy 28/4/2013, 5:39 am

Vanner065, knowing little about the judging process makes it hard to understand the list, but I agree that the vans need to be judged. Everybody has there own opinion. I like both the original vans and also seeing with mild/wild custom work. Love seeing murals and custom body work as much as a nice straight original van too. They are all different and all as good as each other. Always good to get an insite into what the judges look for and what different classes there are when they are judged.

capricornguy

Back to top Go down

Post by vanner065 29/4/2013, 4:09 am

thats the problem, because we all think different, like different things judging will always be contrivercial. NEVER will everyone be completely satisfied with judges decisions but because so few want to judge (as a judge) we have to learn to accept their decisions
vanner065
vanner065
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down