Vanning Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox
Latest topics
» Show us your Van
2011 Van Nats Empty9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
2011 Van Nats Empty9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
2011 Van Nats Empty6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
2011 Van Nats Empty25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
2011 Van Nats Empty1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
2011 Van Nats Empty14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
2011 Van Nats Empty13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
2011 Van Nats Empty26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
2011 Van Nats Empty1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

2011 Van Nats

+20
TheBed
Crackers
Rusty62TransAm
Van 64
vanner065
kyles
Ramble
hell raiser
alien8
Buzz
Mans Ruin
free_styler1
BRUTLE
vanner294
highwaymenace
Skippy
Vannin
Elegantly Wasted
mazdragon
M&M
24 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

2011 Van Nats Empty 2011 Van Nats

Post by M&M 2/8/2009, 3:33 am

We now need someone to start work on 2011 Nats. The VCV has a guide as to what is required, a check list of what to doe etc. any one interested should contact the VCV and we can have the info sent out to you.
M&M
M&M

Back to top Go down

2011 Van Nats Empty Re: 2011 Van Nats

Post by M&M 2/8/2009, 2:06 pm

People keep looking but no one has responded yet???????? affraid confused bounce silent No Suspect
M&M
M&M

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 2/8/2009, 3:15 pm

Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect silent
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Elegantly Wasted 2/8/2009, 4:52 pm

Don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but one of the NSW clubs is inviting all the other clubs to Kiama at the end of the month - and its not April 1st this time... Suspect
Elegantly Wasted
Elegantly Wasted

Back to top Go down

Post by Vannin 3/8/2009, 1:51 am

Kiama, will also have a small group of Victorian's attending........

Gunna do a run to there from the South Coast Nats....... Looking forward to it.

Highway Menace
Wkdvan
and me!

with possible:
Sway (if we can hijack him after the driving events)
Vannin
Vannin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skippy 31/8/2009, 9:31 am

If it's gonna be Kiama, you best get going with letting someone know cause I heard a rumour it could be in SA again. A lot of work I believe is being done to secure a venue in a wine region just outside Adelaide. Could we have 2 states both putting in a bid?????? Very Happy Shocked
Skippy
Skippy

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 31/8/2009, 12:13 pm

that's been done before, and if we get 2 again, it'll be put to the vote at the next nationals, so whoever is putting something together better have a presentation with ALL details so they can answer questions, the better prepared with the truth about the venue, the better chance of winning. Good luck to all who are going to bid.... cheers
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 7/9/2009, 5:51 am

did i lie about the venue?

also presentation on good friday and vote on saturday so the winner can start taking pre-entry all day sunday so they dont need to start on the back foot.

oh and yeh GOOD LUCK to those who get the Nats.
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

http://www.highwaymenace.com

Back to top Go down

2011 Van Nats Empty 2011 van nats

Post by vanner294 7/9/2009, 12:02 pm

It would be good to have 2 states looking at running the nats for 2011 and i agree that it will have to go to a vote at the next nats BUT having run a nats before it would be better that any possible organizers for 2011 nats put their bid in November so that if they win, they have plenty of time to promote and organize the event. The voting can be done via the vanning web site or this site, plus mail for those that don't have access to computers. How a presentation can be done not sure but i am sure a way can be found to satisfy all members.

And no you didn't lie about venue.

vanner294

Back to top Go down

Post by M&M 7/9/2009, 12:27 pm

Well put. The VCV committee has asked that anyone wanting to hold the Nats at least let them know so that they will not have to do it AGAIN!!
the sooner the better. This was one of the ideas about having an annual Vanners meeting in November so that this vote and presentation could be done then, however after much work put in by Fres it only lasted 2 years then fell in a heap due to a lack of interest by some parties, who did not agree with the decisions reached by the majority in an open forum.
Any Suggestions as how this could be done so that the winners are chosen before Easter to give them time to promote the event over the Easter weekend????
M&M
M&M

Back to top Go down

2011 Van Nats Empty 2011 van nats

Post by vanner294 7/9/2009, 1:53 pm

Well after a little bit of a ponder, what do we really need to know about the nats anyway, other than venue and cost. Anybody that goes to the nats will go anyway (except for cost of course). Can't a small presentation be put on the forum or on the vanning web site to show what the grounds look like and a rundown of the cost and then members can cast their vote either by email or snail mail. If members have question about the site then they can email the committee that is looking to host the nats with their questions.. Say if the presentation was on the internet by October and then members will have to put their votes in by November. Which should give people enough time to put questions forward. The only problem i can see with this is that not all members have access to the internet so maybe a presentation should be held at the October VCV meeting as well. If people can't make it tuff and majority rules.

vanner294

Back to top Go down

Post by BRUTLE 15/11/2009, 5:18 am

M&M i dont see why there need be a official meeting in order 2 organise or incourage things Rolling Eyes im sure factors like distance, travel , cost and family commitments so close to christmas had as big an impact on the meeting not being as succesfull as it could be rather than it being simple dissagreements that doomed it . This is the 21st century why cannot it be conducted or disscussed interactively on-line ??
BRUTLE
BRUTLE

Back to top Go down

Post by M&M 19/11/2009, 6:40 am

Brutle, The 2 meetings we had in Sydney were well represented by most states. from memory there were 5 Souteh Australians, 2 from WA, about a dozen from Vic and a heap from NSW, The first one there were about 1/2 a dozen from QLD. Was it dissagreement, or pure apathy. we will let those that were, or were not there decide. I do not believe the distance or closeness to Xmas is a factor, mind you at this time of year the social calander does fill very quickly.
The whole idea was to have another Vanning weekend, other than the Nats where we can all get together talk shit and have agood time. at the same time some business can be carried out such as organising, or deciding on a venue at the nats.
Unfortunately we can not please everyone. If we did it on line there would be those without computers who would complain, if, as has been tried we organised a special time for caht discussions there would be complaints from those who were busy that day. Alot can be misread into emails, and text and therefore like it or not the best way to hold a serious discussion is face to face. This also gives all another opportunity for a road trip and party.
No matter how it is done, the first think we need is for someone to want to hold the Nationals. This year is our 11th and, although we have said it many times before, this WILL BE the last Van Nationals that M&M will be involved in organising. So if we have one person preparred to put their hand up, it is a no brainer, however if there are 2 groups wanting to put ona nats we need to have a fair opportunity for both parties to present their case and have the Vanners decide which they prefer. This is how we ended up at Geelong last Easter. However having the presentation and deciding at Easter is not a good idea as this year proves as no one put their hand up so we spent the next 4 months trying to put together a committee and find a venue. All those that would have entered at the Nats we have had to mail details and most have not entered. A number of others, thinking there would not be a Nats have made other plans. Sorry, I got off the track a bit, what was the question?
M&M
M&M

Back to top Go down

Post by BRUTLE 23/11/2009, 6:25 am

Folks are nearly a decade into the new millenium scratch surely everyone either has a computer or has reasonable access to one . but i just think as i always have the VCV are the only group capable of keeping the VanNats alive they are the only ones consistanly up to the task 10yrs after the novalty of hosting the nats for other states has worn off the VCV are left to pick up the ball Basketball & if the VCV dont pick up the ball, the VanNats will be lost forever . we are Lucky to have them cheers
BRUTLE
BRUTLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Vannin 23/11/2009, 7:31 am

BRUTLE wrote:Folks are nearly a decade into the new millenium scratch surely everyone either has a computer or has reasonable access to one

I know several who are yet to get into the computer age...... and one who only recently discovered having hot water on tap has its advantages.

BRUTLE wrote:But i just think as i always have the VCV are the only group capable of keeping the VanNats alive they are the only ones consistanly up to the task 10yrs after the novalty of hosting the nats for other states has worn off the VCV are left to pick up the ball Basketball & if the VCV dont pick up the ball, the VanNats will be lost forever . we are Lucky to have them cheers

And especially lucky "M & M" came forth from retirement, pulled on their Nats Hats....... for "The Last Time!"
I don't think they would have gotten this far, this quick without them & their previous experiences of running a Nats.

They (meaning all involved in the planning & organisation) have come through for the "Whole Vanning Community" with a 2010 Nationals at a Fantastic Venue with Meals & Bar facilities.....

Thanks to all of them for the time & effort they have put in, to get a 2010 Nats going in such a short period of time.......
The least we can do, is get all our entries in ASAP to help them co-ordinate & calculate the area required, number of meals, etc etc etc, all the other organising that still has yet to be done behind the scenes. The Nats Committee are only 1/4 way thru what is ahead of them.

**** Maybe there should be a cut off date for all entries (not just the meals ones) ****
After this date you have to fend for yourself & pay a heftier entry fee (as most other events).
Vannin
Vannin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_styler1 1/4/2010, 4:12 pm

Has there ever been a Nationals in Tasmania???

I'd love to see a load of van's heading over via the 'big boat' then cruising around the isle....

Any Tas weegans interested???? alien alien alien alien alien
free_styler1
free_styler1

Back to top Go down

2011 Van Nats Empty nats

Post by Mans Ruin 1/4/2010, 5:28 pm

i was thinking of having a crack at the nats myself, but i dont know if i should due to 1)never ran any kind of show, 2) dont want to mess up such a kool thing, not to mention i hate bitchy grupy whingy crap that usually come with such an event.
ill have a yak to ppl this weekend and see what happens.
safe travel to all heading for the island.

cheers rick
Mans Ruin
Mans Ruin

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 5/4/2010, 10:53 am

free_styler1 wrote:Has there ever been a Nationals in Tasmania???

I'd love to see a load of van's heading over via the 'big boat' then cruising around the isle....

Any Tas weegans interested???? alien alien alien alien alien

this has been looked at and we did some pricing... unfortunately, it get's very expensive and even tho people say they'll save up....well, u know the drill, there's always another billl (i hate BILL!). Anyhow, there was some interest, we have tassweeeeeegans there who could do it.... BUT unfortunately, without commitment, pre-entries and a DEFINITE number on peoples going known early... it's too much of a financial risk. Food for thought peoples..... (ooooooh, i luv worms!!! lol! lol! )
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 7/4/2010, 2:23 pm

Mans Ruin wrote:i was thinking of having a crack at the nats myself, but i dont know if i should due to 1)never ran any kind of show, 2) dont want to mess up such a kool thing, not to mention i hate bitchy grupy whingy crap that usually come with such an event.
ill have a yak to ppl this weekend and see what happens.
safe travel to all heading for the island.

cheers rick

ok, rick... what hav you decided? scratch
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 7/4/2010, 2:27 pm

only 379 Sleep Sleep Sleep to the next nats... so whoever wants to put on the nats had better get crackg.... you WILL run out of time if you don't..... Very Happy
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 7/4/2010, 2:45 pm

some of us can help you Rick.
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

http://www.highwaymenace.com

Back to top Go down

2011 Van Nats Empty i think i can i think i can

Post by Mans Ruin 8/4/2010, 5:12 am

gday all,
got a copy of the guidelines today (thanks maz) doesnt seem to bad, lol, have been picking a few ppls brains and so far is lookin good, the lions club are interested in doing gate, parking, food etc which would be sweet. going to talk to the head of th grounds committie this weekend, a few things id like to ask, food wise, what is usually catered for? as in does it cover from lunch friday thru to dinner sunday etc, if you pre register what items are covered in an entrants pack (tshirt, entrant sticker etc) is there a cruze on saturday etc.
im going to take some pics of the grounds, clubrooms etc tomorrow and put them up on the forum to see what everyone thinks.
only thing i was worried about in the guidelines was it said you have to have at least one person in the host group that has 1)been in or involved with a van club for at least 5 years, 2)been to at least 3 nats. i havent done either so would this count me out???
cheers rick
Mans Ruin
Mans Ruin

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 8/4/2010, 5:36 am

Hi Rick,
check yr email.... sent u a reply. Thanks Maz
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/4/2010, 12:54 pm

Congrats Rick
Glad your able to make an attempt at running a Nats.
I'm sure with ALL the experienced vanners your way, you could make this a great event.
Best of luck to you. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzz 11/4/2010, 4:12 am

Hey agro,just a thought have the eastcoast vanner's thought of hosting the nat's.

Buzz.

Buzz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next