Vanning Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox
Latest topics
» Show us your Van
Technical Section or How to fix it - Page 6 Empty9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
Technical Section or How to fix it - Page 6 Empty9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
Technical Section or How to fix it - Page 6 Empty6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
Technical Section or How to fix it - Page 6 Empty25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
Technical Section or How to fix it - Page 6 Empty1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
Technical Section or How to fix it - Page 6 Empty14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
Technical Section or How to fix it - Page 6 Empty13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
Technical Section or How to fix it - Page 6 Empty26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
Technical Section or How to fix it - Page 6 Empty1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

Technical Section or How to fix it

+22
DRKNSTRMY
Ben79hz
wizard1
ryno
DD.165
soundman
Moppo
Rusty McCrusty
highwaymenace
pano
shorts
billet
Shagginwagon82
alien8
Big Bunny
mazdragon
Tweaker
CURSED
Mexican
catbug
Admin
shaginwagin
26 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Technical Section or How to fix it - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Section or How to fix it

Post by DD.165 17/11/2008, 3:37 pm

Embarassed oh ooo
DD.165
DD.165

Back to top Go down

Technical Section or How to fix it - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Section or How to fix it

Post by mazdragon 17/11/2008, 10:59 pm

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil lol! lol! lol! lol!
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/11/2008, 10:26 am

I'm a bit concerned as well and i've met Kath. Wink
I haven't met Maz yet BUT i can imagine what her influence will be. Shocked Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 18/11/2008, 10:34 am

Kath taught me everything i know.... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil affraid
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/11/2008, 10:49 am

Sorry Dale but we WILL be in trouble then. affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 18/11/2008, 10:58 pm

don't worry, we'll be gentle to start with..... don't want to scare you away.... Shocked Evil or Very Mad lol!
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/11/2008, 11:12 pm

Thanks - I feel at ease now. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by soundman 19/11/2008, 4:04 am

mazdragon wrote:
mazdragon wrote:I've a blank canvas in Beigy, there's no interior apart from the mattress and curtains i have already set up. I'd like to line the roof and have chatted with Phil already about how to go about it and so have been given the general gist of what's required. Now i need to ask the tedious questions of how do you make the ply stay up there? i.e. it sits in the inside "gutters" (for lack of a better description), do i need to glue it in as well? also, i'd like to pad the roof under the fabric i'm going to line it with on the ply that goes in the roof, what's the best glue (?) to use? I've googled van+interiors and how to's, but apart from Black Eagle, there doesn't seem to be any other info. Does anyone know of a good book to reference? Any ideas would be appreciated. And BTW, i'd queried the speedo problems of being wonky on the SXV Forum, but since it's down, i'll let you know here that it was the header in the speedo that was worn, which is why the needle bounced around and the reading was incorrect. It's been fixed and apart from bouncing a little up to 30km, it's steady and accurate now.

Hello,
Any chance someone can provide some advice on the interior questions i had?
thanks to anyone who's listening.

hey Maz have you got an archway in beigy yet? just a thought... i remember a template design in an old van mag... which doesn't help much but flash harry from sunstate has posted a digital copy here...

http://groups.msn.com/SunstatePanelvanClub/holdenarchwayplans.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=2385
soundman
soundman

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 19/11/2008, 10:35 am

thanks 'man but i hadn't thought about an arch yet... just want to get the roof done for the nats... i've never done this before and am collecting as much info as possible to find out where people went wrong and well, you know, etc etc.... i'm sure i'll stuff up my first go, so I'll buy extra and make sure i can do it again...
thank's for the lead.... Like a Star @ heaven
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/11/2008, 10:41 am

Agro wrote:I'm a bit concerned as well and i've met Kath. Wink
I haven't met Maz yet BUT i can imagine what her influence will be. Shocked Shocked

Agro ,WORRY they are twins Twisted Evil affraid lol! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 19/11/2008, 10:45 am

stormbringer wrote:
Agro wrote:I'm a bit concerned as well and i've met Kath. Wink

Agro ,WORRY they are twins Twisted Evil affraid lol! Wink

Oh Stuey, you're making us sound like we're going to get them into trouble.... since when did we ever do anything to you that would make you say such things.... oh well, then again, i guess you've been around for a while so you know what we can get up to..... Twisted Evil Shocked affraid
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by DD.165 22/11/2008, 12:02 pm

hmmm Am I going to wonderland???? hope so Very Happy A land of open pastures coverd in all sorts of vans and..... Razz Must stop dreaming Sleep
DD.165
DD.165

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 24/11/2008, 4:23 am

DD.165 wrote:hmmm Am I going to wonderland???? hope so Very Happy A land of open pastures coverd in all sorts of vans and..... Razz Must stop dreaming Sleep

one should never stop dreaming, cos if you stop dreaming you'll never build the dream van you want and you'll never come to realise just what could be....... Smile
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by alien8 24/11/2008, 1:41 pm

soundman wrote:I believe Kath was the Gate keeper at My Hazing.

i mean when i was a puppy.... Smile

Aaaaaahhhhhh Gympie is a bit HAZY for me too affraid but I'm told I had an awesome time, Embarassed I've got the video that proves it (thanks James) Wink
alien8
alien8

Back to top Go down

Post by soundman 24/11/2008, 3:47 pm

alien8 wrote:

Aaaaaahhhhhh Gympie is a bit HAZY for me too affraid but I'm told I had an awesome time, Embarassed I've got the video that proves it (thanks James) Wink

so was that you in the back of highway menace at caboolture during the light show kath? hazy memory...
soundman
soundman

Back to top Go down

Post by soundman 24/11/2008, 3:49 pm

quote marion...

...well, i decided my handiwork on the spare wheel cover was sh1t.... so i'm back to the drawing board..... oh well live and learn

have you used the space under the rear designed for it? is beigy on LPG?
soundman
soundman

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 24/11/2008, 11:41 pm

Yep beigy is on gas so i've got the spare wheel in the back. I tried to design and make something that, well i wasn't sure of initially, a few people said looked ok, but most didn't like and since i wasn't sure about it in the first place, i've binned it, and i'm going to re do it....

and yes, Kath, gympie was a bit hazy, started off crap too, that was the year my auto busted on the way up and it became a very expensive trip to QLD.... it was also the year that there were some photos taken that we wished were never taken...someone has them, i don't know who, a certain someone (who WILL remain nameless) needed a very cold sobering shower (no not me, but i had to get her to the shower) and a certain other person donned his hat and did the usual - did i say gympie was hazy Question Question Question The pineapples were good, but. bounce bounce Laughing Laughing Laughing

so, if you're hangin out for a good time at the nats, you probably will, it'll be what you make of it.... but, keep in mind, that the next nats may also be a little different, we've got a heap of "others" there as well, not just the usual vanners and street machiners. We don't plan anything, whatever happens, happens. Twisted Evil
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by alien8 25/11/2008, 8:54 am

soundman wrote:
alien8 wrote:

so was that you in the back of highway menace at caboolture during the light show kath? hazy memory...

Hmmmmmmm, yeeeesssss, I think that was my evil twin, that keeps getting me into trouble pale
alien8
alien8

Back to top Go down

Post by DD.165 25/11/2008, 11:43 am

mazdragon wrote:Yep beigy is on gas so i've got the spare wheel in the back. I tried to design and make something that, well i wasn't sure of initially, a few people said looked ok, but most didn't like and since i wasn't sure about it in the first place, i've binned it, and i'm going to re do it....

and yes, Kath, gympie was a bit hazy, started off crap too, that was the year my auto busted on the way up and it became a very expensive trip to QLD.... it was also the year that there were some photos taken that we wished were never taken...someone has them, i don't know who, a certain someone (who WILL remain nameless) needed a very cold sobering shower (no not me, but i had to get her to the shower) and a certain other person donned his hat and did the usual - did i say gympie was hazy Question Question Question The pineapples were good, but. bounce bounce Laughing Laughing Laughing

so, if you're hangin out for a good time at the nats, you probably will, it'll be what you make of it.... but, keep in mind, that the next nats may also be a little different, we've got a heap of "others" there as well, not just the usual vanners and street machiners. We don't plan anything, whatever happens, happens. Twisted Evil
I have the same problem with my gas tank being were my spare should be. I solved it by just not having one Very Happy Also i'm afraid to say as anyone would be but i wont be making it to the next Van nats Mad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
DD.165
DD.165

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 25/11/2008, 11:54 am

and why not Question cyclops Question Question Sad you better have a good excuse
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by DD.165 25/11/2008, 12:01 pm

Evil or Very Mad Due to my stubburness of not writing my problems on the internet,Im going to answer truthfully in saying, Personal family issues coming up and lake of fundage, But it will give more time to have my van ready for the next one and who knows I may even have two there geek If my Dad will drive one Smile
DD.165
DD.165

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 25/11/2008, 12:17 pm

thats ok dale, don't expect to hear everybody's problems, you wouldn't want to hear mine either. do hope tho that all sorts itself out and when we do finally get to see you and your van(s), we'll all have a drink (or more) together Laughing
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/11/2008, 12:47 pm

DD.165 wrote: Also i'm afraid to say as anyone would be but i wont be making it to the next Van nats Mad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

WHAT!!!!
This will be the biggest one for over 25 years.

I'm sure you'll change your mind before then. Wink Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by DD.165 25/11/2008, 1:03 pm

I hope things sort themselves out and it's not my mind that needs changing Agro, my mind is still set on going. I need wings on my van too cause there are shows all over oz that id love to be at Very Happy I hope im not embarrasing myself in saying that i have never been to a van nats, summer nats or even a concert Sad my heart was dead set on the van nats Sad and the cruise to Geelong!!
DD.165
DD.165

Back to top Go down

Post by DD.165 25/11/2008, 1:05 pm

mazdragon wrote:thats ok dale, don't expect to hear everybody's problems, you wouldn't want to hear mine either. do hope tho that all sorts itself out and when we do finally get to see you and your van(s), we'll all have a drink (or more) together Laughing
Its not that I cant talk problems, I just dont write them on the internet, Sorry if it seemed offencive flower
DD.165
DD.165

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum