Vanning Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox
Latest topics
» Show us your Van
a rare bit i just cant seem to find Empty9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
a rare bit i just cant seem to find Empty9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
a rare bit i just cant seem to find Empty6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
a rare bit i just cant seem to find Empty25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
a rare bit i just cant seem to find Empty1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
a rare bit i just cant seem to find Empty14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
a rare bit i just cant seem to find Empty13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
a rare bit i just cant seem to find Empty26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
a rare bit i just cant seem to find Empty1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

a rare bit i just cant seem to find

+5
hilly
Ramble
mazdragon
pano
mr sinbin
9 posters

Go down

a rare bit i just cant seem to find Empty a rare bit i just cant seem to find

Post by mr sinbin 28/1/2010, 5:42 am

hey everyone.

just wondering i any of u guys have or know of anywhere i can get my hands on a rear upper tail gate handle for my wb van?? the T bar looking one. its been busted since i bought the van and i just havent been able to find one anywhere! i know they r hard to get, but thort its still worth asking Very Happy

or mayb someone knows how to fix them?

cheers
mr sinbin
mr sinbin

Back to top Go down

a rare bit i just cant seem to find Empty Re: a rare bit i just cant seem to find

Post by pano 28/1/2010, 10:02 am

a rare bit i just cant seem to find P7260010

let me guess is this the problem Question if so i made one for my hj van and it turnd out ok and wasnt all that hard ! and im guessin others here have dun it befor and may have some pics
pano
pano

Back to top Go down

a rare bit i just cant seem to find Empty Re: a rare bit i just cant seem to find

Post by mr sinbin 28/1/2010, 12:24 pm

hahaha yep thats the problem area!! pain in the neck hahaha. plus the actual T bar handle bit that you turn on the outside is stuffed too, i think, its just like it spins but without open anything haha. thats probably the bit i need most, cause making another inside part wldnt b too hard
mr sinbin
mr sinbin

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 28/1/2010, 12:53 pm

rare spares have them but not sure how good they are or cost... you could also try Clasic Oz Wreck in Toronto on 02-49594546. he has lots of bits... helped me out when i needed it.
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mr sinbin 28/1/2010, 1:00 pm

ah ok, ill hav to give them a ring then, thanks heaps maz!
mr sinbin
mr sinbin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramble 28/1/2010, 1:09 pm

Hi Matt.
ring Garry at Kempsey auto dismantlers.65626720 He,s got a cple vans in the yard but make sure you got plenty of time to talk cause the bastard loves talkin. if he dosnt have a good one id be very supprised.
Hes got the largest supply of older cars on the mid nth coast.

If not grafton wreckers could have one cause hes got older cars too.

Nice to see another mid nth coaster with a van.. Very Happy
Ramble
Ramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ltd van 29/1/2010, 12:07 am

I`ll probably start something here but that part looks the same as the ones they use in the FORD tailgates except the Ford one looks a bit more solid Embarassed
Ltd van
Ltd van

Back to top Go down

Post by mr sinbin 29/1/2010, 2:24 am

rambletamble wrote:Hi Matt.
ring Garry at Kempsey auto dismantlers.65626720 He,s got a cple vans in the yard but make sure you got plenty of time to talk cause the bastard loves talkin. if he dosnt have a good one id be very supprised.

ah thanks heaps geoff, ill hav to give him a call! if he has some complete vans in the yard he mite hav a few other things i want haha. yea ive herd good things about grafton wreckers, hopefully one of them has wat i need.

hahaha yea definately!!! Very Happy was stoked to find out i wasnt the only one! not many up near my joint, think there are too others i c driving around sometimes, but they r pretty beat up and un loved Sad
mr sinbin
mr sinbin

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 29/1/2010, 10:17 am

just wondering... that handle bit has a sleeve that slots in from the outside... mine keeps popping out... is that my problem too?
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 29/1/2010, 11:18 am

i feel its worth changing them on all the vans as they DO were out and new is better than old in most cases.
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

http://www.highwaymenace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramble 30/1/2010, 7:07 am

Ramble
Ramble

Back to top Go down

Post by mr sinbin 3/2/2010, 12:22 am

rambletamble wrote:Hi Matt.

just wanted to say thanks for the info on kempsey auto dismantlers geoff!!! gary was great, rung him up last friday and then went down saturday morning to pick up my handle Very Happy was stoked to finally get one!!! the only thing was it didnt come with a key, so hopefully i can take the barrell out of my old one and put it into the new one! wouldnt happen to know if it can be done, or know of anyone who has done it? but gary was great bloke, and sure does love to chat spent like 45mins walking round the yard looking at different cars talking to him!

was amazed to see he had a complete cl valliant panelvan in there!!!! nice van, bit of rust, but wld b the best project! especially for $500!! Very Happy

anyways thanks again!
mr sinbin
mr sinbin

Back to top Go down

a rare bit i just cant seem to find Empty handle

Post by Mans Ruin 3/2/2010, 1:14 am

gday mate, ive got one or two spare tbar handles in my shed, the bit in the pic you hav is broken on mine to but the rest is good. if you dont get one at the wreckers let my know and ill send one your way. i dont need them as ive deleted it off my van. btw i dont have th keys, but a locksmith could sort that.
cheers
Mans Ruin
Mans Ruin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramble 3/2/2010, 12:36 pm

[/quote] but gary was great bloke, and sure does love to chat spent like 45mins walking round the yard looking at different cars talking to him!

was amazed to see he had a complete cl valliant panelvan in there!!!! nice van, bit of rust, but wld b the best project! especially for $500!! Very Happy

anyways thanks again![/quote]

Like i said, he loves a chat. Shocked
hope he didnt sting you too much for it, he knows he's the only one around here with older stuff and charges accordingly. as for the chrysler, I listed it on this forum to see if anyone could save it but obviosly its still sitting there rusting away No might have to save it myself if its not gone by april.

catch ya
Ramble
Ramble

Back to top Go down

Post by mr sinbin 4/2/2010, 12:23 am

yea he sure does haha
um nah his price for the handle wasnt too bad, cheaper then ive ever seen them on ebay anyways. but i was thinking of getting a station wagon rear bumper for the back of my van, i thort his price for that was a tad expensive but then again, im not even sure exactly wat they r worth. still mite get one tho cause im too lazy to travel to grafton or sydney to try and get one cheaper hahaha Very Happy

yea was such a shame to see the chysler there rusting away, especially for such a rare and awesome van Sad !! i thort about buying it and even talked to my old man bout it, but i dunno if i can afford to do it atm, plus finding space at mine for it and since im already doing my wb up would make it kind of hard, wish i cld tho!!!!

anyways thanx again
mr sinbin
mr sinbin

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 4/2/2010, 3:42 am

mazdragon wrote:just wondering... that handle bit has a sleeve that slots in from the outside... mine keeps popping out... is that my problem too?

don't suppose someone could respond please?
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vannin 4/2/2010, 8:39 am

Dunno Maz...... It's a holden thing, not sure how it should be retained.....
Someone tonight should be knowledgeable enough to solve it!
Vannin
Vannin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/2/2010, 10:56 am

mazdragon wrote:
mazdragon wrote:just wondering... that handle bit has a sleeve that slots in from the outside... mine keeps popping out... is that my problem too?

don't suppose someone could respond please?

Do you still have the rubber that goes between the metal sleeve and the body?

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 5/2/2010, 11:56 am

hi Agro, yes the rubber is still there, it stays put, it's sleeve that comes out. Thanks M
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down