Vanning Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox
Latest topics
» Show us your Van
FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN Empty9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN Empty9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN Empty6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN Empty25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN Empty1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN Empty14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN Empty13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN Empty26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN Empty1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN

+4
Shagginwagon82
free_styler1
Ramble
BRUTLE
8 posters

Go down

FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN Empty FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN

Post by BRUTLE 3/12/2009, 7:14 am

After a heated debate last nite with a friend over the HQ Sandman bodyshell & chassis i own, that he was mortified that i am planning to cut it up. Well he convinced me to at least put it up for sale & see if anyone wants it. it is just a stripped out shell on a chassis EVERYTHING remotely GTS was taken off it years ago. it is a windowless 6/1974 HQ Sandman the tags are still on it & have NEVER been removed or tampered with factory she was Orchard Metalic in colour the same as the original HQ promo van (without the vents in the top behind the front doors of course) it was 308, 4speed with the 3.36 salibury diff Black interior it was a brisbane built van but Does Not carry the XX7 on the body tag but it is a Sandman & will gladly send pics of the plates for anyone to prove it not, the Van is now faided white has rust in the passengers floor & lower rear quarters it has had a tap in the rear around the passengers side tailight with slight quarter damage it has front doors on it but there pretty ordinary, the join between the quarters & the panelvan back is spotless & some of the best gutters i have seen! all the trouble spots on this van are spotless . This Van when she came out of the factory was specked up with all the fruit. i bought this Van only for the awsum outer body shell that is perfect for a tube car & if no one is interested in her i WILL be cutting it in half through the sill the door pillars & up through the windscreen & putting the body steel in storage over the christmas break so later i can put the body metal over my next project a moly tube caged chassised van .....BRUTLE/2 ...... i am after the cost of the tags only really so $2000 will make it yours ring me if interested 0439461940 & i will send pics, if nobody wants it then i dont want anyone bitchin at me when i chop her up ! regards AL Bennett
BRUTLE
BRUTLE

Back to top Go down

FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN Empty Re: FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN

Post by Ramble 3/12/2009, 7:21 am

That would be right. Where were you 12 months ago AL when I was looking for a Q'ie to do up.
I couldnt find a decent shell any where.
I blew my spendin money on the HX but I was hunting a HQ to do up the same as my first ever van. Rolling Eyes
Ramble
Ramble

Back to top Go down

FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN Empty Re: FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN

Post by Guest 3/12/2009, 11:41 am

You should probably go and have a look anyway.
Al is only a stone's throw away from you. Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramble 3/12/2009, 11:50 am

You tryin to get me killed Craig,
The only stone throwing would be at me if I told the wife I was buying ANOTHER van. Laughing
Ramble
Ramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/12/2009, 11:52 am

That's what my missus said to me as well.
But somehow i've ended up with 3. Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by free_styler1 4/12/2009, 3:56 pm

ramble

I bought my a third van not long ago after the missus threatened 2 call the metal recyclers
if i ever looked at another vehicle!!

My moto is - "It's easier to ask for forgiveness, then to ask for permission"

Works for me, probably bout close to 10 vehicles with that clause alone!!!

Have a look, Hq sandies are as you'd know, rare as rocking horse....

Allan
free_styler1
free_styler1

Back to top Go down

Post by BRUTLE 31/1/2010, 11:06 am

Still for sale not going to be cut up now, here is your chance to build something rare that for every dollar you invest it will return at least $2 that is if you do some of the work yourself, plus the pleasure of owning the rarest sandman with the top shelf factory options out there here are some pics Cool
FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN DSCF08693

FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN DSCF09084

FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN DSCF0884

FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN DSCF0885

FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN DSCF09063

FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN DSCF06901

Last edited by BRUTLE on 1/2/2010, 8:48 am; edited 3 times in total
BRUTLE
BRUTLE

Back to top Go down

Post by BRUTLE 31/1/2010, 11:17 am

a great opportunity to inspect it with its 20+ year old enamel paint still on it not some van filled with bog with a thick coat of Hi-Fill put over it covered in shadow coat Evil or Very Mad what you see is what you will get no nasty surprises Very Happy

FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN DSCF0889

FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN DSCF0888

FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN DSCF0887

FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN DSCF09182

FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN DSCF0891

FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN DSCF0892

FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN DSCF08697

FOR SALE !!! FACTORY ORCHARD METALIC HQ SANDMAN DSCF08696
BRUTLE
BRUTLE

Back to top Go down

Post by BRUTLE 31/1/2010, 11:21 am

i have noticed that for some reason the photo's have been cut in half scratch .... but if you right click on the image go down to its properties you will see my photobucket address (copy&paste) & go there & view the pics in full Basketball
BRUTLE
BRUTLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/1/2010, 11:31 am

Good project there Al.Very Happy
Is it commodore stud pattern or HQ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Shagginwagon82 31/1/2010, 12:21 pm

I love the reversed chasers on the back- that looks sh*t hot!!
Shagginwagon82
Shagginwagon82

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/1/2010, 12:24 pm

Thats what i thought as well.
They are only put on backwards aren't they?
Did WB's have that type of rim on them as i don't remember.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shagginwagon82 31/1/2010, 12:27 pm

Nope but the commo pattern is close enough to fit 'em on.
Sorry Brutle, I wish i had 2K kicking 'round. I'd be on that like a fat kid on a cupcake!!
Shagginwagon82
Shagginwagon82

Back to top Go down

Post by BRUTLE 1/2/2010, 8:08 am

your very observent AGRO she is HQ pattern on the front, But she has BRUTLE's old shortened diff in the rear at the moment which is commodore pattern & we just reversed some old bunout rims so they fit so we can move her around the shop .
BRUTLE
BRUTLE

Back to top Go down

Post by 70s-groover 1/2/2010, 8:29 am

Good project van, shame someone painted over the Orchid, seen an Orchid HQ Sandman in the City (SYD) last yr, sidepipes and all the gear, van was emaculant, only seen it once and never seen it since, Hippy dude and chick cruisin in it, one of my all time favorite colours.

Shame i dont have the cash, struggling to restart mine at the moment Sad.

If its not taking up room Al i think personaly you should keep it, rare colour combination, shame it wasnt at the end of the HQ Sandman series as the last 1's had HJ quarters during the change over and had the air flutes in the upper sides, they are the rarest Sandmans of the lot.

Keep it mate.

Cheers Azza
70s-groover
70s-groover

Back to top Go down

Post by 70s-groover 1/2/2010, 8:37 am

As you can tell im suffering with the flu and cant think straight, that van you have without the upper quarter flutes is the end of the series, these are the harder 1's to find as the early Q Sandys had the flutes like the K-T-G series.

Sorry guys pale

Cheers Azza
70s-groover
70s-groover

Back to top Go down

Post by BRUTLE 1/2/2010, 9:11 am

i would love to keep it mate but to many other things going on plus i could never motivate myself to build a stocker so its best to go to someone who will appreciate it & not chop it up (thanks Chris mate for convincing me) Azza i was under the impression that the only HQ Sandman to have ever had the flutes behind the doors was the prototype built by holden!! this was because the prototype was built from an series 1 body and by the time the accountants at holden decided to put it into production it was so late in the run of HQ's that by then the series 2 body was now being used & it didnt have the flutes behind the doors . the earlier ones were not called "Sandmans" but designated as "GTS optioned" so many were starting to be ordered with the "GTS optioned" pack that holden decided to actually make a run of these things & in January 1974 the HQ Sandman was born in but by August the very same year it was replaced by the HJ a mere 7mnths hence why they are so rare.
BRUTLE
BRUTLE

Back to top Go down

Post by angliadon 2/2/2010, 8:42 am

I always liked the Orchid HQ`s. I nearly bought Gin & Tonic off Neil when my HJ Sandman was stolen but I couldn`t get insurance.

angliadon

Back to top Go down

Post by bjc217 3/2/2010, 3:27 am

Hey Al, using the info I have been able to gather the van isn't a sandman as it lacks the xx7 tag. I believe the Brisbane line was the only one that stamped this model due to the fact that they also ran out a number of belmont vehicles with v8 eng, met paint, and black interior options. These special order vans were labeled as belmont not kingswood and unless they have the xx7 tag are not sandman. I have heard of a number of examples that have both bench and bucket seat options.

bjc217

Back to top Go down

Post by HJSandman 3/2/2010, 5:23 am

bjc217 wrote:Hey Al, using the info I have been able to gather the van isn't a sandman as it lacks the xx7 tag. I believe the Brisbane line was the only one that stamped this model due to the fact that they also ran out a number of belmont vehicles with v8 eng, met paint, and black interior options. These special order vans were labeled as belmont not kingswood and unless they have the xx7 tag are not sandman. I have heard of a number of examples that have both bench and bucket seat options.

Not entirely correct. The Metallic paint and bucket seats, were special orders for Kingswood based models (so they would have an 30E suffix). This one advertised here is a Belmont based HQ, with Metallic Paint, Buckets, V8 and floor shift.

You are correct that only Acacia Ridge stamped XX7 (XU3 from mid HJ up) - but that does not discount this particular vehicle from being a Sandman. All other evidence points to it being real.
HJSandman
HJSandman

http://www.mysandman.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Shagginwagon82 3/2/2010, 7:07 am

The seating capacity of 2 is pretty much verifies it as I am sure that even the base model vans which optioned the buckets still had a seating capacity of 3 on the tags.
Shagginwagon82
Shagginwagon82

Back to top Go down

Post by HJSandman 3/2/2010, 7:30 am

Since Holden did not release an HQ Kingswood based Van (only a Ute) and Al's specimen is a Belmont based Van with Metallic paint, floor shift & bucket seats. It's a Sandman.

I just need to justify buying it, it's a rare one for sure!
HJSandman
HJSandman

http://www.mysandman.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by BRUTLE 8/2/2010, 6:01 am

*********SOLD**************SOLD******************SOLD

WOW i should have put pictures up when first listed it my phone hasnt stopped ringing Laughing its gone to a new home , Congratulations Ray on the purchase of what will be a very desirable Van once finished ! & to everyone else who inquired its great to see Vanning still strong with so many people keen to build up a van Cool
BRUTLE
BRUTLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/2/2010, 10:02 am

Congrats Al.
Did it go to a NSW home?

Back to top Go down

Post by BRUTLE 9/2/2010, 2:03 am

yep Agro she is now a Sydney Car Cool
BRUTLE
BRUTLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down