Vanning Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox
Latest topics
» Show us your Van
WANTED: CRAPPY OLD RUSTED MAG WHEELS Empty9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
WANTED: CRAPPY OLD RUSTED MAG WHEELS Empty9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
WANTED: CRAPPY OLD RUSTED MAG WHEELS Empty6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
WANTED: CRAPPY OLD RUSTED MAG WHEELS Empty25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
WANTED: CRAPPY OLD RUSTED MAG WHEELS Empty1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
WANTED: CRAPPY OLD RUSTED MAG WHEELS Empty14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
WANTED: CRAPPY OLD RUSTED MAG WHEELS Empty13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
WANTED: CRAPPY OLD RUSTED MAG WHEELS Empty26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
WANTED: CRAPPY OLD RUSTED MAG WHEELS Empty1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

WANTED: CRAPPY OLD RUSTED MAG WHEELS

3 posters

Go down

WANTED: CRAPPY OLD RUSTED MAG WHEELS Empty WANTED: CRAPPY OLD RUSTED MAG WHEELS

Post by Shagginwagon82 30/3/2009, 1:49 pm

I am chasing any old set of mag wheels with rusty chrome, scratched faces, etc. Basically any mags which you can't use or no longer want.
My reasoning is due to the fact that I am experimenting with more powder coating finishes and the mag wheels I have done so far are turning out pretty good. My problems are that I can only do testing while people bring in wheels to coat, and I gotta do what the customer wants.
I am happy to pick up some local stuff and do some travel. Unfortunately I can't offer much for the rims so hence why I'm after the ones that can't be used otherwise, but I will try to offer something including some discounted coating. I am also chasing some old skool bikes to coat up as well. If I can get some complete sets of wheels and complete bikes it would be appreciated as I am hoping to sell them to fund the coatings and invest in some new finishes from the states. Please also contact me if you want some stuff powder coated as well. Western Sydney Area...

Thanks in advanced,
Scott
Shagginwagon82
Shagginwagon82

Back to top Go down

WANTED: CRAPPY OLD RUSTED MAG WHEELS Empty Re: WANTED: CRAPPY OLD RUSTED MAG WHEELS

Post by highwaymenace 30/3/2009, 1:56 pm

bugger, i wish i could help out.. will have a look at whats still layong around as if i have any i maybe able to talk Fres or Stu or some one at the nats to take them back for ya.. also are you only after steels or mags aswell.
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

http://www.highwaymenace.com

Back to top Go down

WANTED: CRAPPY OLD RUSTED MAG WHEELS Empty Re: WANTED: CRAPPY OLD RUSTED MAG WHEELS

Post by Shagginwagon82 31/3/2009, 12:47 am

Thanks Daz, I can coat pretty much any type of wheel- steel or alloy.
We coated up a set of old Dragway 5 spokes the other day for a young bloke and his tonner. He was wrapped and that was just a basic silver.
He came back the following week to show off the new treads... Cool Cool Cool
Coated a set of Isuzu truck rims for a bloke who races speedway and he wanted to trick up the old girl.
We even coated a set of GTS rims for a young blokes Sandman the other day......2 tone and all!!! Shocked Shocked
Even Beryl, my HK wagon, has a set of stockies coated up gloss black with white walls...... Very Happy

I'm quite happy to coat up rims for anyone as well cause it all helps with the testing of stripping, blasting, priming, coating, etc.
Most old steel wheels will cost you about $80-$100 per wheel. Some powder coaters will do it cheaper but will normally give it one coat of colour whereas I do a high fill primer/hybrid powder coat, then a colour top coat, then a clear coat to give a magic finish!!! It's worth every cent.
Shagginwagon82
Shagginwagon82

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben79hz 31/3/2009, 12:21 pm

Hi Scott
I should have a few nice and rusty wheels for you,they have been sitting under a tree for about 18 months, but due to the heavy rain im not going outside to check their condition,
Also do you need the tyres off the rims? as I have some buggy wheels I might need doing.
Ben79hz
Ben79hz

Back to top Go down

Post by Shagginwagon82 31/3/2009, 1:11 pm

Sounds good ben. Get the tyres off the buggy rims for me and we'll get 'em done for ya.
Let me know when they're ready and I'll come pick up the lot.
Shagginwagon82
Shagginwagon82

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben79hz 2/4/2009, 12:52 pm

Hi Scott
Just checked those wheels, there is 2 alloy VC commodore sle wheels, and a chrome 12 slotter wheel, there are more under the house but its like the castle movie, I have to move the work van to get to the ute, which allows me to open the garage door to move out the subaru, then move the new seats for the van and some carper underlay to get to the door to under the house, just writing this took too much energy, let alone doing it!
And if you want more standard wheel I should have some a few weeks after the nats, heaps sitting on a friends property at Bathurst, (may be bent a little as they are old paddock basher wheels) but if your after test subjucts they are the right price $0, how many do you want?
Ben79hz
Ben79hz

Back to top Go down

Post by Shagginwagon82 2/4/2009, 2:02 pm

Hey Ben, thanks for the thought for the stockies. Unfortunately I have stockies coming out my ears because no one seems to want them even after they've been all done up. Hence why I've been trying to chase something fancy to coat up...
Shagginwagon82
Shagginwagon82

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben79hz 2/4/2009, 2:15 pm

No worries, if you drop round you can take your pick of the wheels,whatever is left will get used for smoking up, on one car or another. Laughing
Ben79hz
Ben79hz

Back to top Go down

Post by Shagginwagon82 3/4/2009, 12:43 am

Ha Ha Ha!!!! Can I stop in when your doing the smoke show too???
Shagginwagon82
Shagginwagon82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down