Vanning Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox
Latest topics
» Show us your Van
drums all round...worth upgrading to discs? Empty9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
drums all round...worth upgrading to discs? Empty9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
drums all round...worth upgrading to discs? Empty6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
drums all round...worth upgrading to discs? Empty25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
drums all round...worth upgrading to discs? Empty1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
drums all round...worth upgrading to discs? Empty14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
drums all round...worth upgrading to discs? Empty13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
drums all round...worth upgrading to discs? Empty26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
drums all round...worth upgrading to discs? Empty1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

drums all round...worth upgrading to discs?

Go down

drums all round...worth upgrading to discs? Empty drums all round...worth upgrading to discs?

Post by HT VANNER 21/3/2010, 9:00 am

just after some opinions. i am working on my ht (agent orange) which currently has drums brakes all round and no booster. i have a hx van in the shed that has disc's up front. i've read that it is a relatively easy procedure putting these on the agent, but wonder if it is worth it. i would have to get the rear axle's re-drilled to suit, source some wheels etc. i am told that drum brakes do perform well but heat up and loose there effectiveness at hi-temps. she will not be driven hard, just slow and low (give the ladies plenty of time to check the goods Laughing )
HT VANNER
HT VANNER

Back to top Go down

drums all round...worth upgrading to discs? Empty Re: drums all round...worth upgrading to discs?

Post by Guest 21/3/2010, 10:41 am

If you end up putting an 8 in it, you'll need front disks for sure.
On the other hand my old man's FC had a booster on it's drum brakes and they worked VERY well.
They were very sensitive though.

Back to top Go down

drums all round...worth upgrading to discs? Empty Re: drums all round...worth upgrading to discs?

Post by HT VANNER 21/3/2010, 10:53 am

thanks agro,
she has a 253 already and i have acquired a brake booster. FC sensitive? to lock up? or just very touchy?
HT VANNER
HT VANNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/3/2010, 11:02 am

When you touched the brakes they grabbed hard.
So they were very sensitive indeed but worked a treat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/3/2010, 11:02 am

Hope this helps

drums all round...worth upgrading to discs? Instru10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum