Vanning Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox
Latest topics
» Show us your Van
New to Vanning Austrslia .A short story of the van. Empty9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
New to Vanning Austrslia .A short story of the van. Empty9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
New to Vanning Austrslia .A short story of the van. Empty6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
New to Vanning Austrslia .A short story of the van. Empty25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
New to Vanning Austrslia .A short story of the van. Empty1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
New to Vanning Austrslia .A short story of the van. Empty14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
New to Vanning Austrslia .A short story of the van. Empty13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
New to Vanning Austrslia .A short story of the van. Empty26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
New to Vanning Austrslia .A short story of the van. Empty1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

New to Vanning Austrslia .A short story of the van.

+3
highwaymenace
Ramble
disco
7 posters

Go down

New to Vanning Austrslia .A short story of the van. Empty New to Vanning Austrslia .A short story of the van.

Post by disco 30/12/2009, 3:54 am

Hi guys they call me disco!!(but i like all kinds of music),lol....my son said to me one day"I would love to buy a panel van"this was fantastic news as i had owned a HX and HQ Vans and a bedford 350 chevy in my younger days,so this was about a year ago....Being from WA the panel van pool of cars is very small and the cars that have been available were not that good...so i entered the state wide search on evey internet site possible,as you guys know the good ones for sale are rare.then about two months ago i found the car!!........but it was in Woolongong but this car looked very good and the owner told me that it would have no problems driving it back to perth,so i trusted him and orgainized 3 (my wife,Son and myself) plane tickets, accomadation and road transport for this car,that we have not seen in front of us but only on pictures...A very long way to go when it could be a lemon.Getting to Sydney and then catching the train down to woolongong and seeing the car was all worth the wait because i think I found the most straightest unmolested HZ with sandman opions that ive seen for many many years(with log books and service history and owner manuals)WOW.It also come with two sets of mags and the original holden rims and tires,even the air filter and petrol cap and rocker covers.Well the car drives like new and we bought the car.........we drove it up to Sydney put the car on transport and flew back to WA...the car arrives a few days after new years.....Cant wait.
So i will put some photos on this sight and keep you guys informed,thanks guys for reading(its always good to hear a happy ending)buy the way my son is so pround to be a owner of one of Australias classics. Smile
disco
disco

Back to top Go down

New to Vanning Austrslia .A short story of the van. Empty Re: New to Vanning Austrslia .A short story of the van.

Post by Guest 30/12/2009, 3:58 am

It sounds like you have scored a good deal. Very Happy I'm sure you'll enjoy cruising around in it.
We'll look forward to the pics when you get it home. Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

New to Vanning Austrslia .A short story of the van. Empty Re: New to Vanning Austrslia .A short story of the van.

Post by Ramble 30/12/2009, 4:30 am

Mate you shouldve drove it home, Wouldve been fun.
But then again maybe something could have happened to it so i spose you made the right choice.
Hope its everything you wanted and looking forwards to seeing those pics. Very Happy
Ramble
Ramble

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 30/12/2009, 4:38 am

great story that maybe the best 09 story in the site..
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

http://www.highwaymenace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by disco 30/12/2009, 4:58 am

highwaymenace wrote:great story that maybe the best 09 story in the site..
thanks guys.....We i better get back to work......

Cheers

disco
disco
disco

Back to top Go down

Post by Crackers 30/12/2009, 4:59 am

Sweet new ride and welcome back to vanning cheers
Crackers
Crackers

http://www.aurorarvs.com.au

Back to top Go down

New to Vanning Austrslia .A short story of the van. Empty pics under "how to post pics"admin

Post by disco 30/12/2009, 5:09 am

disco wrote:Hi guys they call me disco!!(but i like all kinds of music),lol....my son said to me one day"I would love to buy a panel van"this was fantastic news as i had owned a HX and HQ Vans and a bedford 350 chevy in my younger days,so this was about a year ago....Being from WA the panel van pool of cars is very small and the cars that have been available were not that good...so i entered the state wide search on evey internet site possible,as you guys know the good ones for sale are rare.then about two months ago i found the car!!........but it was in Woolongong but this car looked very good and the owner told me that it would have no problems driving it back to perth,so i trusted him and orgainized 3 (my wife,Son and myself) plane tickets, accomadation and road transport for this car,that we have not seen in front of us but only on pictures...A very long way to go when it could be a lemon.Getting to Sydney and then catching the train down to woolongong and seeing the car was all worth the wait because i think I found the most straightest unmolested HZ with sandman opions that ive seen for many many years(with log books and service history and owner manuals)WOW.It also come with two sets of mags and the original holden rims and tires,even the air filter and petrol cap and rocker covers.Well the car drives like new and we bought the car.........we drove it up to Sydney put the car on transport and flew back to WA...the car arrives a few days after new years.....Cant wait.
So i will put some photos on this sight and keep you guys informed,thanks guys for reading(its always good to hear a happy ending)buy the way my son is so pround to be a owner of one of Australias classics. Smile
disco
disco

Back to top Go down

New to Vanning Austrslia .A short story of the van. Empty Repeating on mesages

Post by disco 30/12/2009, 5:13 am

sorry you had to read that again ...new to site and did not know that it coppied my last message!!

Cheers
Disco
disco
disco

Back to top Go down

Post by transit350 30/12/2009, 5:43 am

Welcome to another Vanner from the West, there are a group of other vanners in WA that get together fairly regulary we are having another run in January if you are interested to joining us send me a PM and i will give my information.

There is a group of us heading over to the VANNATS (at the moment 5 vans) on Sunday 29th March if you are interested as well.

Hope to meet you soon.

Regards

Paul and Sue
transit350
transit350

Back to top Go down

Post by Odd_One_Out 30/12/2009, 10:46 am

Nice!

I`m particulary interested if that`s the Holden burgundy or maroon (was there one or two?) off the HX LE coupe colour option. I can never find out the exact name of that colour on the net. I think they had it on HX Statesman as well. I think it is but I`m probably wrong as usual Embarassed
I think that colour works particulary well with the HJ, HX ,HZ twin headlight front and few other things as well...

Probably a good idea idea not driving it home but probably more than I could resist...
Those roos` on the Nullabour can cause some grief though. A bullbar is some good insurance for that!

Look foward to hearing and seeing more of it.
Odd_One_Out
Odd_One_Out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/12/2009, 11:39 am

Saw the pics.
What a top score that is, and also love the interior. Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/12/2009, 10:10 pm

Great story and can't wait to see the pics!

Simo

Back to top Go down

New to Vanning Austrslia .A short story of the van. Empty To see ythe pitures

Post by disco 30/12/2009, 10:58 pm

Hay Simo you can see pictures on the topic "how to save pics"........
disco
disco

Back to top Go down

Post by disco 30/12/2009, 11:03 pm

The colour of the car is called madera and the car is painted in two pak...I hope this has answeared your question on the "not sure what they call that colour"

Cheers

Disco Very Happy
disco
disco

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/12/2009, 2:06 am

heya Disco. you have a really great buy. i think your the 3rd owner also. heres a pic i took near my place you may like.

New to Vanning Austrslia .A short story of the van. 100_6302

New to Vanning Austrslia .A short story of the van. 100_6299

New to Vanning Austrslia .A short story of the van. 100_6300

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramble 31/12/2009, 2:32 am

Thats a very close colour to my first van. it was called something like that

New to Vanning Austrslia .A short story of the van. 000111
Ramble
Ramble

Back to top Go down

Post by disco 31/12/2009, 3:05 am

Hay!!how you going thanks for the photos......just a qustion how old are the pics and did you know the owner?because its been resprayed .... just wondering as the paint looks dull on the photos....... Very Happy

its all good......

Disco
disco
disco

Back to top Go down

Post by disco 31/12/2009, 3:31 am

just looking at the photos again,there is a front spoiler on the car now and that went on with the new respray.....(thats what i was told when buying it)hear from you soon

Disco
disco
disco

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/12/2009, 3:44 am

them pics i took was about 18 months ago. ive known the old ower about 3-4 years.the van left the dealer with a spoiler. Darren bought the van without a spoiler. i was looking over it when he got it. i seen the screw holes and vent holes in the nose cone and said to him it had a spoiler fitted. so about 6-8 months ago when he van got painted he got a spoiler fitted to it again as them holes looked untidy.

Back to top Go down

Post by disco 31/12/2009, 6:15 am

Cheers Van.....thanks for the information,It was good to get the van from Darren because he did take good care of the car while he had it,we will also look after the van for years to come,we will give it a couple of years and then spend money on it, so we can show the van .....and drive every now and then,so till then we will enjoy driving the car 3-4 days a week and keeping it tidy till then...

Later

Disco
disco
disco

Back to top Go down

Post by glen davis 31/12/2009, 4:02 pm

Van wrote:them pics i took was about 18 months ago. ive known the old ower about 3-4 years.the van left the dealer with a spoiler. Darren bought the van without a spoiler. i was looking over it when he got it. i seen the screw holes and vent holes in the nose cone and said to him it had a spoiler fitted. so about 6-8 months ago when he van got painted he got a spoiler fitted to it again as them holes looked untidy.
were the photos taken out the front of your place? the street looks familiar

glen davis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down