Vanning Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox
Latest topics
» Show us your Van
Car Enthusiasts Against lowering and raising vehicle laws Empty9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
Car Enthusiasts Against lowering and raising vehicle laws Empty9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
Car Enthusiasts Against lowering and raising vehicle laws Empty6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
Car Enthusiasts Against lowering and raising vehicle laws Empty25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
Car Enthusiasts Against lowering and raising vehicle laws Empty1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
Car Enthusiasts Against lowering and raising vehicle laws Empty14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
Car Enthusiasts Against lowering and raising vehicle laws Empty13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
Car Enthusiasts Against lowering and raising vehicle laws Empty26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
Car Enthusiasts Against lowering and raising vehicle laws Empty1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

Car Enthusiasts Against lowering and raising vehicle laws

+3
Buzz
Ramble
ht hillbilly
7 posters

Go down

Car Enthusiasts Against lowering and raising vehicle laws Empty Car Enthusiasts Against lowering and raising vehicle laws

Post by ht hillbilly 20/7/2009, 3:15 pm

ht hillbilly
ht hillbilly

Back to top Go down

Car Enthusiasts Against lowering and raising vehicle laws Empty Re: Car Enthusiasts Against lowering and raising vehicle laws

Post by ht hillbilly 20/7/2009, 3:16 pm

Here is a link to the petition , we need 10,000 ppl to respond asap.
please do not be rude or abusive in your comments.

ht hillbilly wrote:please sign this petition

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/petition/225770612
ht hillbilly
ht hillbilly

Back to top Go down

Car Enthusiasts Against lowering and raising vehicle laws Empty Re: Car Enthusiasts Against lowering and raising vehicle laws

Post by Ramble 24/7/2009, 11:01 am

Ive signed and posted my petition but is it really gunna make any difference when it comes to this arrogant NSW governmet we have at the moment No
Ramble
Ramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramble 30/7/2009, 8:01 am

As at this time the NSW transport minister has reversed him decicion on raising or lowering vehicles to to a large 4x4 lobby group working on behalf of all car enthusiast fighting this law.
At this stage he is saying he will have more to say about it when further consoltations with the motoring industry has been made.
So for now in NSW its still ok to lower providing its within current specs. Very Happy
So for so good. Rolling Eyes
Ramble
Ramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzz 30/7/2009, 1:19 pm

The thing with this law if it is ever brought in,the police would have to defect their own highway patrol car's and have them engineered as they are all lowered,lets hope that common sense provail's with this goverment.

Buzz.

Buzz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramble 30/7/2009, 2:29 pm

comon scence? not very likely with this govenment.
as for the cops, they dont have to adhere to the law,,,,ever scene a copper on a mobile whiile speeding? I have. And there aloud too
Ramble
Ramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzz 30/7/2009, 2:40 pm

I know it is a big ask for them to have common sense, yet these clown's run our state and yes it is one big circus.

Yes mate I have seen it as well with a copper on a mobile,but isn't it a one way street for them it's their way or no way at all talk about double standard's but it has alway's been that way.

Buzz.

Buzz

Back to top Go down

Post by ht hillbilly 28/8/2009, 9:33 am

Although the Rees Government has backed down and put these new rules 'on hold', we must continue the fight.

I will be raising the matter in Parliament in the next few weeks and have voiced my opposition to these ridiculous laws strongly in the media.

In the meantime, please forward the online petition located at www.nothoons.com.au to as many friends and fellow 4WD enthusiasts as possible - we will need as many signatures as we can get!

Yours sincerely

Andrew Stoner MP
Shadow Minister for Roads
NSW Leader of The Nationals
ht hillbilly
ht hillbilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/8/2009, 3:12 pm

i dont really understand whats going on. lower or raise your car more than 50mm needs an engineers. i thought i was always like that. my last 4x4 i did a 2 inch suspension lift.it was okay, lifted the body 2 inches which is not breaking any laws and gained 4 inches. any nomal car lower than 2 inch looks silly and bumps around like a go cart. thats what their chasing. they still giving us freedom to raise and lower the cars. just to it correctly.i have seen 4x4 roll over due to a bad 6inch lift. if your really wanting to lift a 4x4 that high or drop a chev in and torana get an engineers. the old rules were must retain 2/3rds of the original suspension travel. lowering it 50mm exceeds that anyway on most cars. working somedays in a mechanical workshop. some of the crap that comes in is amazing. one guy had a 60 series land cruiser. home made leaf spring over axle mod. welded new brakets on with a stick welder. and got mad when we said it wont pass rego like that. speak to an egineer and get it sorted. so i see this fight from both sides of the coin.

Back to top Go down

Post by BRUTLE 11/9/2009, 7:07 am

i am sorry to be a stick in the mud here but i think this is by far one of the best rules to be put up by the NSW RTA ever , i work in the automotive industry & the amount of vehicles that come through my workshop that have been lowered or raised , so very few have been done correctly . After all the RTA is not stopping you from changing your vehicles height it is merely asking that you support any changes greater than 50mm be supported by an engineers report , What is the problem ???????? if you change your seats or your carburettor you need an engineers report why should changes to your steering & suspension be any different . silent
BRUTLE
BRUTLE

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 11/9/2009, 7:11 am

so true Al.. as it does make the geometry of the car etc. different than it was designed for.
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

http://www.highwaymenace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/9/2009, 1:49 pm

I didn't know that you needed an engineers for a carby change. Shocked
I'm in trouble then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pawso1 11/9/2009, 2:22 pm

What is the problem?? The problem is that you shouldn't need an engineer to examine (and overcharge) you for a modification that people have been doing on their old holdens for over 20 years. An engineers certificate for a carby change! Whats next a doctors prescription for a Paracetamol? No way man! You're kidding...
Pawso1
Pawso1

Back to top Go down

Post by Vannin 11/9/2009, 4:04 pm

By rights your are required to obtain a certificate of compliance for any alteration to the standard vehicle.

Bench seat to bucket seat even.

Any alteration, modification or substitution of components will change the ADR's that your vehicle once complied with.

Many aftermarket headlights & Taillights do not meet these requirements (or standards) therefore are illegal to fit to a road going vehicle.

Best example to date is the Altezza Lights marketed for the XD to XF vans & Utes, these lights don't meet ADR requirements of visibility from the side. To get them compliant (& roadworthy) side markers (as used in XC Vans & utes) must be fitted and a certificate of compliance issued.
Vannin
Vannin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down