Vanning Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox
Latest topics
» Show us your Van
What got you first interested in Vans?? - Page 2 Empty9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
What got you first interested in Vans?? - Page 2 Empty9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
What got you first interested in Vans?? - Page 2 Empty6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
What got you first interested in Vans?? - Page 2 Empty25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
What got you first interested in Vans?? - Page 2 Empty1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
What got you first interested in Vans?? - Page 2 Empty14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
What got you first interested in Vans?? - Page 2 Empty13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
What got you first interested in Vans?? - Page 2 Empty26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
What got you first interested in Vans?? - Page 2 Empty1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

What got you first interested in Vans??

+15
Devilsgrip
Buzz
CURSED
70s-groover
Monk
wkdvan
Big Bunny
M&M
angliadon
mazdragon
Odd_One_Out
Pawso1
highwaymenace
ozbox
Ramble
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What got you first interested in Vans?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you first interested in Vans??

Post by Devilsgrip 28/7/2009, 3:57 pm

Buzz wrote:It would have to be Flemmo's Seducer as he lived up the road from me when I was 16 and was alway's a nice guy to talk to about it then later on I got my own.

Buzz.

Hey Buzz and what did you get and what did it have, where did it end up IF you sold it??? oh and by the way pics are great also. Wink

Devilsgrip

Back to top Go down

What got you first interested in Vans?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you first interested in Vans??

Post by Buzz 29/7/2009, 12:10 pm

My first Van was a EH it had a 192,colour was diamond white sat low with 13x7 and 13x9 torana slotter's with pumped rear guards,but I don't have pic's of it anymore,I sold it to a guy in the central caost and that was the last I heard of it.

I had 2 other van's after that a HT with a 307 chev and later a HZ with a stroked that I put in the accasional show I will try and dig out the pics.

Buzz.

Buzz

Back to top Go down

Post by HT VANNER 15/3/2010, 12:42 pm

I grew up in the 80's with the A-TEAM and that van...i loved that freakin thing!!! i never looked at a van the same. i also had a big thing for smokey and the bandit and that trans-am. when i first saw a black holden panelvan with that front end grafted on and the same paint job... my two favorite things in life formed to create the single most coolest thing i had ever bared witness too!! since then i vowed to my pre-teen self that ONE day it shall be mine... many years later i bought my first Pano (1972 HQ belmont) all though my styling tastes had changed somewhat Wink i finally had her!! now on to my third (and final?) pano my wife still doesn't understand the obsession, but i am teaching my 1yo daughter early. she takes great joy in playing with the indicators, mirrors, steering wheel, etc in my newest project. she also insists that we turn it over every time and make loud noises...does this mean she will be picking up boys in her van?!...oh no what have i done!
HT VANNER
HT VANNER

Back to top Go down

Post by vanner065 15/3/2010, 1:26 pm

thats cool HT VANNER, nice van u have there too
vanner065
vanner065
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/3/2010, 3:11 pm

I think the things that got me into vans are the things that keep all of us interested in them to this day.

When you back up to the screen in a van, you know for a fact your the only ones doing it right, and those around you wish they had one.

When all the others have to hook up a trailer and you don't just to move the same amount of crap around, you know you made a smart decision.

When ya sit on the tail gate by the water watching the sun go down, you only have to slide back and close the gates for a fun night Smile

When you see the smiles on the faces of people old enough to have been "active" in the back of a seventies van, you can't help but smile back.

To know that your driving a piece of ageless history is priceless.

There's more i can say, but if you get then that's cool. If you don't then your probably driving something else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crackers 15/3/2010, 8:40 pm

That is all so true.
Crackers
Crackers

http://www.aurorarvs.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Vannin 16/3/2010, 1:15 am

Here, here...... I agree also......
Vannin
Vannin

Back to top Go down

Post by HT VANNER 16/3/2010, 3:38 am

well said max_van! any one that dosen't get it, simply has not had the pleasure of experincing the vanners life style!
HT VANNER
HT VANNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/3/2010, 10:19 am

And don't you get the looks when you drive into a "Drive in" and rverese to the screen. Very Happy
Especially when 3 kids pile out of the back to sit beside the van.Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/3/2010, 10:41 am

It's kinda funny right now cause Anabel is pregnant and i have the "If this van's a rockin, don't bother knockin" sticker.

Back to top Go down

Post by vanner065 16/3/2010, 11:31 am

Also its just the freedom of being able to pull over anywhere and sleep in the back or go to a party and drink too much and sleep in the back and go camping in the rain while those in tents get flooded out we stay dry, luv it, keep on vanning guys
vanner065
vanner065
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Bunny 16/3/2010, 12:11 pm

vanner065 wrote:Also its just the freedom of being able to pull over anywhere and sleep in the back or go to a party and drink too much and sleep in the back and go camping in the rain while those in tents get flooded out we stay dry, luv it, keep on vanning guys
Did that for years everywhere watersking bathurst camping parties loved the freedom of just hopping in van or a mates use to love going to calder for the car/truck racing up on the hill with the barbies sensational
Big Bunny
Big Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 17/3/2010, 3:31 am

Max_Van wrote:I think the things that got me into vans are the things that keep all of us interested in them to this day.

When you back up to the screen in a van, you know for a fact your the only ones doing it right, and those around you wish they had one.

When all the others have to hook up a trailer and you don't just to move the same amount of crap around, you know you made a smart decision.

When ya sit on the tail gate by the water watching the sun go down, you only have to slide back and close the gates for a fun night Smile

When you see the smiles on the faces of people old enough to have been "active" in the back of a seventies van, you can't help but smile back.

To know that your driving a piece of ageless history is priceless.

There's more i can say, but if you get then that's cool. If you don't then your probably driving something else.

.....and when you get pulled over for a breathalizer and the cop just smiles and says nice van and he's cute and you say, yeah and it's all mine..."would you like to be too?" and he just smiles at you and says blow into this.....LOL Very Happy
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2