Vanning Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox
Latest topics
» Show us your Van
Halls Gap - Budja Budja Run Queens Birthday June 5-8 Vic Empty9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
Halls Gap - Budja Budja Run Queens Birthday June 5-8 Vic Empty9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
Halls Gap - Budja Budja Run Queens Birthday June 5-8 Vic Empty6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
Halls Gap - Budja Budja Run Queens Birthday June 5-8 Vic Empty25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
Halls Gap - Budja Budja Run Queens Birthday June 5-8 Vic Empty1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
Halls Gap - Budja Budja Run Queens Birthday June 5-8 Vic Empty14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
Halls Gap - Budja Budja Run Queens Birthday June 5-8 Vic Empty13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
Halls Gap - Budja Budja Run Queens Birthday June 5-8 Vic Empty26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
Halls Gap - Budja Budja Run Queens Birthday June 5-8 Vic Empty1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

Halls Gap - Budja Budja Run Queens Birthday June 5-8 Vic

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Halls Gap - Budja Budja Run Queens Birthday June 5-8 Vic Empty Halls Gap - Budja Budja Run Queens Birthday June 5-8 Vic

Post by M&M 7/5/2009, 9:09 am

For all those Cyber Vanners who are not members of the VCV, The Queens birthday weekend is our annual pilgrimage to Halls Gap, (well about 10km's out of Halls Gap) All Vanners are welcome we camp at The Pines camp ground cnr Flat rock road and Pines road just out of Halls Gap. be warned there is about 8 km's of dirt road to get there. The is nothing there but a long drop Dunny and cold water tap. the cost is whatever the park camp fees are, (these seem to change each year). there is no show, the only shine is usually the sun glistening off the rain drops. there is a camp fire, and normally about 40-50 Vanners. it is a back to basics camping weekend where we all share the one fire and it is a great opportunity for new Vanners to meet a bunch of old fart vanners. BYO everything, and what every you have left behind someone will probably have a spare.
So rug up, as it is usually cold, throw an extra blanket in the van, fill the esky and come to Halls Gap for the longest continous Van run in the country at the same venue. If you didn't know the Van Nats also actually started in Halls Gap (not at this venue though) so it is also a bit of vanning History. Hope to see you there.
M&M
M&M

Back to top Go down

Halls Gap - Budja Budja Run Queens Birthday June 5-8 Vic Empty Re: Halls Gap - Budja Budja Run Queens Birthday June 5-8 Vic

Post by Vannin 8/5/2009, 12:06 pm

Hi M&M,
Didn't get a chance to chat with you both last night at VCV, (got to catch up talkin Vans with Murray, so that still the same too!) so many old faces, so much time pasted with much to catch up with and share.

I will be there with bells on!, there's no better way to catch up with everyone.

John
Vannin
Vannin

Back to top Go down

Halls Gap - Budja Budja Run Queens Birthday June 5-8 Vic Empty Re: Halls Gap - Budja Budja Run Queens Birthday June 5-8 Vic

Post by highwaymenace 8/5/2009, 3:28 pm

going to my best to me there.....
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

http://www.highwaymenace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vannin 12/5/2009, 2:17 am

Best you do!
Bring paper & pencil too!
We got renovations to plan!!!!!!!!!

Best ideas come round a fire with a belly full of food and a skin full!!!!
Vannin
Vannin

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 13/5/2009, 5:38 am

Lilly and I will be there if all goes well. cheers Unless Richard gets worse Sad , I may go there instead.. hope u guys understand.
But at this stage, the esky will be full, the van will be packed and Lilly and I will be there with bells on cheers drunken jocolor . For those that don't know, as M&M said, it's a great weekend to get away from everything... no TV, no radio, no mobiles, escape to the wild, you camp with ferrals (vanners) and you camp with kangaroos (ferrals) lol! be sure to bring warm stuff, clothing etc, as it does get cold and can get very wet. Bring toilet paper, as you never know, and keep in mind you have to take your rubbish home with you too, or burn it, or take it to a bin in town, so bring a large garbage bag too for the bottles and cans. Sunday nite is pub nite or alternatively stay at camp (which most of us have a tendency to do nowadays). And beware, someone will be writing a report and just went you think no one is watching, you will be fodder for the report.... lol! either that, or we'll make something up about you which can be just as much fun. If you are heading off on the Friday morning and would like to drive in convoy with a few of us, make contact with me and i'll keep you posted on where we'll meet. Usually meet initially in Port Melbourne, then meet some Geelongers at Burumbeet and then have a short break in Beaufort for fuelling up and a bite to eat and then onwards and upwards. Whilst I think of it too, if you can bring an axe/chainsaw etc help chop up wood for the fire, that would be much appreciated too. Take care and c u there. Very Happy
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/5/2009, 10:12 am

my boss at home says i can go. just need work to let me have my 2 nightshifts off.

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 13/5/2009, 11:42 am

Make sure he does give ya the time off..
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 13/5/2009, 12:34 pm

Van wrote:my boss at home says i can go. just need work to let me have my 2 nightshifts off.

will the boss at home be coming too? Smile
and tell the other boss you have a very very important meeting that you must attend drunken
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Halls Gap - Budja Budja Run Queens Birthday June 5-8 Vic Empty [b]Budja Budja camp site possible change[/b]

Post by M&M 24/5/2009, 7:14 am

Due to possible maintenance of the normal camp area at Budja Budja (Halls Gap) we might have to move down the road a bit. Maz and a few early arrivals will be armed with Plenty of signs to put out to direct everyone to where they will be. There are a number of options, so the early arrivals on Friday will scope out the best option and let us know. As soon as we have details of the new location I will endevour to post the directions here as we will not be leaving Melb until late on Friday night. Any queries drop us an email and we will assist as best we can.
M&M
M&M

Back to top Go down

Halls Gap - Budja Budja Run Queens Birthday June 5-8 Vic Empty Halls Gap - Change of camp site

Post by mazdragon 29/5/2009, 5:10 am

Hi all,
have done some more investigating. Seems the whole of Plantation camp ground is definitely OUT OF BOUNDS. Toilets and all. Apparently the upgrade is pretty much complete, however, they have sown grass to revegetate the area and the whole corner is blocked off.

Camping at Lake Lonsdale is a NO.

I have copied the map that I had and have marked the new area that they have opened up. Entry is via Osler's Track as marked on the map, so: -
Coming in from Pomonal up to the T intersection.
Instead of turning left to Hall's Gap, turn right and then turn left onto the Fyann's Creek road which is the next major one to the left (there is a sign on the intersection)
Turn left at the usual sharp left turn onto Pines Rd - it may actually be marked as Heatherlie Road when you read the map
Almost at the straight bit that leads up to Plantation, there is a "cross roads" called Oslers Track
Turn left and then approx. 1 km down is a cleared camping area.
No toilets - so BYO, argued the point about fires and they conceded that we can use a fire bin with a tray. I have a small one, does any one have a bigger one? LMK otherwise I will bring mine...... Just spoke with Sway, he will brink a toilet seat of sorts, unless someone as a toilet hut, we'll probably do the wrap around tarp thingy, so if it's raining, you'll have a wet cr8p LOL so to speak.... Smile

I will post this on the forum for anyone else coming, but we'll need to network to let anyone know who is interested in coming. I will bring copies of the map to the next meeting.

I am heading up on Friday morning, hopefully meeting up with the Geelongers at Burumbeet around 11am - 12pm ish.... LMK if anyone else will meet us there as well.

Any questions, suggestions are welcome so long as they are constructive.
thanks
Marion

Halls Gap - Budja Budja Run Queens Birthday June 5-8 Vic Queens10
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 29/5/2009, 5:48 am

and whilst i think of it.... remember toilet paper and drinking water as there won't be any of either supplied..... Shocked
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vannin 29/5/2009, 7:20 am

I'm coming from Dandenong........ Is there a group from this side of the world????
When and where are you guys leaving from??????

Will possibly be dragging a 6x4 trailer with me...... so if anyone's low on space I may have room for some extra gear.

John 0409 434 951 (if ya need to contact)
Vannin
Vannin

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 29/5/2009, 7:25 am

Hi John, depending on when you're leaving?
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vannin 29/5/2009, 8:15 am

Pretty flexible........ Friday morning sometime, not sure which area your from, not sure where many are located.
Vannin
Vannin

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 29/5/2009, 8:41 am

I'm in Pakenham. There's a few people leaving at different times. At this stage though, I'll probably leave around 9:30 ish and meeting hopefully with some from geelong and sway & jan at burumbeet (opposite the pub) just out of ballarat. It's about 2.5hours from pakenham. We then stop in Beaufort and fuel up both machines and humans and then head off to camp. You're welcome to join us.
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RedVZ 30/5/2009, 2:06 pm

Hey Maz,
I'll be leaving Saturday morning. Is the spot picked? I want to copy you're info to the facebook group just to make sure everyone knows it's not at the same place.

Mandy
RedVZ
RedVZ

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 30/5/2009, 3:00 pm

Hi Mandy,
Yes, the spot is picked, follow the map that's been posted on the forum, i'll bring some copies of the map on thursday to meeting as well. I'll hopefully also be able to put some signs up as well. It's pretty much down the road from the Plantation campground so still head to the same place but watch for signs at Oslers Track. If you're coming to the meeting, we can discuss then.
cya
xxMaz
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vannin 1/6/2009, 10:59 am

I may have to tag along with your lot Mandy Saturday Morning, instead of Maz's Convoy.............
My Free Friday has just turned to POOP!!!!!

"Facebook!" where on facebook??

Will see many of you Thursday evening!!!
Vannin
Vannin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/6/2009, 4:14 pm

at this moment i wont make it. no real dunny there and have a really bad cold that Tania gave me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vannin 1/6/2009, 4:24 pm

You'll be right, I'm bringing Grandfather Port!
and the Falcon Van, so I have plenty of silastic in the emergency toolbox!!!!!
Vannin
Vannin

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 2/6/2009, 1:25 am

can't believe the amount of whimps cos there's no real dunny.... we're bringing toilet shelters and seats, so it's not like you have to sh1t out in the open..... you can still sit and contemplate in "private"..... Very Happy & did you know that you haven't had a real bush camp till u've positioned yourself, doing your bizo and only then realise that your "over" a bullants netst???? it hurts!!!! lol! lol! lol!
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 2/6/2009, 1:27 am

have you felt the COLD nights Maz.. lol
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 2/6/2009, 1:30 am

yup used to it... been camping since i was 6 mths old..... you just need a hot man to keep you warm, failing that, two doonas and lots of special milos.... Twisted Evil
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vannin 8/6/2009, 11:59 am

Well Wicked and Myself made it home in one piece after our "UP to the Axles!" weekend of fun.
I would like to thank all involved for a great weekend and making me feel part of the family.

With special thanks to

Maz for putting up signs showing the way, that my van just didn't want to pay any attention to!

&

Sway, Rescue Ranger number 1! (I'm sure once Maz's pic's hit the forums, you will all understand!)

Can wait for the next adventure!!!!

John.
Vannin
Vannin

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 9/6/2009, 2:28 am

Glad you had fun John. would love to have been there but i still have the Flu thats why i missed the meeting aswell. bugger.

cheers
Daz
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next