Vanning Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox
Latest topics
» Show us your Van
WHERE IS EVERY ONE?????? Empty9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
WHERE IS EVERY ONE?????? Empty9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
WHERE IS EVERY ONE?????? Empty6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
WHERE IS EVERY ONE?????? Empty25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
WHERE IS EVERY ONE?????? Empty1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
WHERE IS EVERY ONE?????? Empty14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
WHERE IS EVERY ONE?????? Empty13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
WHERE IS EVERY ONE?????? Empty26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
WHERE IS EVERY ONE?????? Empty1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

WHERE IS EVERY ONE??????

+7
highwaymenace
alien8
Admin
AGR071
Vannin
mazdragon
vanner065
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WHERE IS EVERY ONE?????? Empty WHERE IS EVERY ONE??????

Post by vanner065 22/2/2011, 12:01 pm

Where has every one gone, don't tell me everyone has defected?????
vanner065
vanner065
Admin

Back to top Go down

WHERE IS EVERY ONE?????? Empty Re: WHERE IS EVERY ONE??????

Post by mazdragon 23/2/2011, 3:39 am

I'm still here..... Shocked

yup, i've noticed it too... wondering where have all the "flowers" gone? flower seems not many people post on here anymore... i think F/Book has a lot to answer for... maybe should start a "thread" on FB for forum type issues and technical help etc..... do-able??
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vannin 23/2/2011, 5:44 am

I'm still here too!!!!
But I to have noticed the lack of posts!!!!!

Come on, this is not time to hibernate with the Nats getting ever so closer!
Vannin
Vannin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/2/2011, 9:31 am

I wonder where they have defected too?

Maybe they have learnt that the Nats is not cracked up to what it used to be? or maybe people are busy? or maybe they have moved interstate? or maybe they are over the van scene?

Back to top Go down

Post by AGR071 23/2/2011, 11:51 am

vanner065 wrote:Where has every one gone, don't tell me everyone has defected?????

Still here mate.
Just don't log on very much, but still visit every couple of nights. Very Happy
AGR071
AGR071

Back to top Go down

Post by vanner065 23/2/2011, 1:47 pm

vanner64 wrote:I wonder where they have defected too?

Maybe they have learnt that the Nats is not cracked up to what it used to be? or maybe people are busy? or maybe they have moved interstate? or maybe they are over the van scene?

Who says the Nats arn't cracked up to what it used to be?? The van nats is what you make it, not what others may say about it, Have you been Vanner64??? I'm guessing you have and did not enjoy it for some reason.
This is a world wide forum so why should moving interstate have an effect.??

So many people dont just loose interest in the Van scene in such a short time!!
vanner065
vanner065
Admin

Back to top Go down

WHERE IS EVERY ONE?????? Empty type error

Post by Guest 23/2/2011, 9:28 pm

typo

Last edited by vanner64 on 24/2/2011, 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo error)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vannin 24/2/2011, 2:34 am

[quote="vanner64"]Hi

I have been to many Van Nats and its been suffering a downhill slide for many years. Apart from the interstate Nats, which have been excellent and well-attended, the format is dated and tired. It needs sprucing up otherwise it will just end up being a weekend away for a few mates who arent prepared to accept change.

So it's only Victorian Nats that are getting you down?????
I would love the Van scene Australia wide to get the commercial & media attention that the likes of a Summernats draw not to mention the financial advantage that would attract to bring it right up into the forefront of Motor Events.

As for not being prepared to accept change, seems to be the same few being prepared to do the hard yards of organizing an event such as the Nationals. So one would expect the events to be similar if the same few are always left to do it!

If your a Victorian:
Have you volunteered your services to the Nats organizers, to add your advice and ideas??
Have you put your hand up to help organise a Nationals? or been involved in it conception??
Even the extreme of getting your own committee together for a Nats proposal????

There seems to be many with the "I could do it better" attitude, But they also have the "It's all too hard" disease.

Any Nats committee would jump at the offer of another body to help plan, coordinate & organise a Nationals....... This is where the new ideas & spirit come from, THE NEW BLOOD needs to come thru & inject some fresh emotion into it!

I have heard from a mate that Majestic Vanners is a new vibrant online forum, where you can post any question about your van and they will help you. I was wondering whether you have heard of them? I was thinking of joining them but since I am a vanner, I thought I do my duty and join VCV. I think I am having second thoughts now.

"Your Duty" to join VCV, Don't think of it as a duty, think of it as being part of something!
Any change comes from within, be it an individual personally or a community like Vanning!
Get down from the fence & become involved, your wisdom & great expertise would be more than welcome!
Fresh input, ideas & personality's are what the entire Vanning scene could really do with.

Vannin
Vannin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 24/2/2011, 5:40 am

vanner64 wrote:Hi

I have been to many Van Nats and its been suffering a downhill slide for many years. Apart from the interstate Nats, which have been excellent and well-attended, the format is dated and tired. It needs sprucing up otherwise it will just end up being a weekend away for a few mates who arent prepared to accept change.

I have heard from a mate that Majestic Vanners is a new vibrant online forum, where you can post any question about your van and they will help you. I was wondering whether you have heard of them? I was thinking of joining them but since I am a vanner, I thought I do my duty and join VCV. I think I am having second thoughts now.

cheers

I am only going to give you one warning here. You are not going to start the same stuff you keep starting Sean. There is no point trying to deny it, we all know who you are. If your only aim is to join this site and cause trouble, I can delete you now. If Majestic Vanners is such a great site, then why do you need to come here and cause trouble. I say it again, this is your one and only warning.

Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://vanners.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alien8 24/2/2011, 6:22 am

vanner64 wrote:I wonder where they have defected too?

Just wandered over for a sticky (don't necessarily log in each time) and this is sounding all too familiar..... Rolling Eyes You really need to get a life, and you're not doing the MV site any favours mate....I know they have a site, as do a lot of other clubs...I just CHOOSE to use this one, as is my right cheers
alien8
alien8

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 24/2/2011, 6:46 am

Ditto Kath
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

http://www.highwaymenace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 24/2/2011, 9:48 am

thank you Admin
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by vanner065 24/2/2011, 11:59 am

It is just a pity that a small handful of people want to try and segregate all vanners from getting together and having a good time. If everyone came to the same place to be together at a nationals then everyone would get along better and their would not be these problems. Lets not say some ones site is better than the others, lets be happy and make the effort to all get along, if you don't like some one then you don't have to talk to them, say hello and move on. It is all going back to the split between Vic and NSW back in the 80's, why take it back there? The Van Nats has always been the heart of vanning and should remain so no matter who is running it and where. No one wants trouble makers but a few seem to like it, we (as in all vanners i am sure) would rather see them leave the sport and take up knitting or something. Have something constructive to say or say nothing at all i say. Vanning is a sport that has struggled for popularity for a number of years now. Many are trying to rectify this but it is not going to happen when groups think they are so much better than others or sif some one who had a bad experience bags it out to their group of friends and says its not worth attending, let people make up their own minds and encourage them to go, if you do not like going their then don't spoil it for others who have not experienced it.
vanner065
vanner065
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azwon 24/2/2011, 1:02 pm

hi, as only being a newbie on here, and after the dandenong pv club politics from a long time ago, "hey"
we are all here for one cause, vanning...... who cares who has a van , julia gillard has a hz sandman, tony abbot has a chrysler drifter, they are still the same, vanners , like we all are, keep the dream alive guys, teach the young ones how good it is to go to the beach with the tailgate up....... cook brekkie on an old stove on the back of the van at the island, nights at the drive in , who cares who is where??????
as long as we have one cause......
azwon
azwon

Back to top Go down

Post by azwon 24/2/2011, 1:05 pm

and we will be at the nats, but we will not be asking for voting forms again, after the state titles.
azwon
azwon

Back to top Go down

Post by vanner065 24/2/2011, 1:15 pm

Be good to see you there Azwon
vanner065
vanner065
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty62TransAm 25/2/2011, 3:59 am

Gidday Guys n Gals

I usually bite my tongue and don't get involved in the unnecssary, petty, childish, rubbish that goes on on most Forums from time to time.

I note that Vanner64's Post has essentially been deleted by being replaced with TYPO. Understandably so.

Most of you have met me and know that I am a contributor to this Site and Majestic Vanners.

I am a Majestic Vanner and proud to be, which I make no attempt to hide and is obvious by my Banner at the bottom of my posts.

I consider many of you Friends and a few Good Friends, the others I do not know yet.

I find it extremely dissapointing that Vanner64 has come onto this site just to stir the Pot. It is totally uncalled for and unnecessary Childish behaviour.

Vanner64 you have damaged the reputation of Majestic Vanners. This cannot be undone and I hope that you hang your head in shame!

We have recently had a lot of National promotion of our Name & Site, do you not understand the damage your negative comments have done?

Think about what you have done and in the very least apologise to all the People on here, you can apologise to me in person to me next time we meet.

With great Power comes great Responsibility! (The Power of the Internet and the Written Word) Respect takes years to earn. Disrespect comes in an instant from actions like yours!

Keyboard Terrorism is the worst of all Cowardly behaviour! Be a Man and be a positive part of the Community.

Regards

Rusty! Twisted Evil
Proud to be a Majestic Vanner and part of Vanning Australia!
Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm

http://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/t57-special-edition-hq-350

Back to top Go down

Post by alien8 25/2/2011, 4:58 am

I also consider you a very close friend Russell cheers and I don't see the necessity for you apologising on behalf of someone who doesnt have any friends., doesnt belong to any particular group., and because of this., feels neglected and in desperate need of attention by as you say (stirring the pot) and all of us reacting to his negative comments...

You also know me very well., and I feel very proud to call you my friend...and look forward to catching up and sharing another pizza with you soon lol!
alien8
alien8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/2/2011, 5:38 am

I apologise for supposedly damaging the MV reputation.

I will never, never, never apologise to the VCV.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vannin 25/2/2011, 7:22 am

azwon wrote:and we will be at the nats, but we will not be asking for voting forms again, after the state titles.

Azwon, this is what we need to hear!
What makes you happy & what doesn't!

Vanner64 ain't happy (prob never will be) but is more than likely one of those people that see themselves as always a "Victim" in life! The anonymous voice of dis-satisfaction!
You want it better, get involved & help make it better!
Hiding behind a computer screen, slagging off will never achieve anything!

Something new was tried, it was unsuccessful....
But, it sure beats sitting around bleating about it & saying "what if?" or "maybe"

It was something suggested at a VCV meeting, "Being judge by your peers"
And you keep hearing "Hotrodder's don't know how to judge vans"......
So get Vanners to judge Vans.......
Well it's not that easy to pick who is to be the Van Judge or Judges.

So why not everyone have a say!

Sounded good enough then, still sort sounds alright now, but we can say "We Tried!" and it seems to be just as unwelcome as every other judging method, some happy, some not!!

This is to everyone, (open letter as to say)

Do we need a Van Council in every state?, I think so!
Do we need an AUSTRALIAN VAN COUNCIL, to set the guide lines? I think so too!

As a National group, Vanning has very little, with numerous clubs and no direction, just going round & round in the same circles, repeating the same history!

Luckily enough Victoria still has a Van Council, But, like with everything, you still can't please everyone!
VCV should be a bridge to join all Victorian Clubs to one!
The VCV is for you (if your Victorian) to get involved, voice your opinion, your clubs opinion!
Help the VCV to get things right if it's wrong, the more voices heard, the better chance or success!
If you can make it to meetings, write a letter or email, if you want to be nameless in that letter put in in the letter (& we don't need anonymus crap)
Just state your issues & that you would like your name to be withheld (same goes everywhere else),
who knows, maybe half of those in attendance feel the same as you!

Fresh Ideas, Fresh Faces, Support & Sharing is what is going to make it better for everyone.
Bitching & whinging after is only going to push people away.... Become more involved!

Sorry to single one person out here as an example,
But James (Vanner65) attends as many VCV meeting as he can, he doesn't just express his opinions, but is also there representing all the members of Diamond Valley Vanner's opinions, concerns & ideas.

These can be good & bad, doesn't matter which, they are heard & discussed, in many cases are addressed, rectified or tried!

Don't just be a Vanner, Be involve in Vanning,
Don't keep your head in the sand.
I would like Vanning & it's Community to thrive & survive, grow & become as big as the Hot Rod scene.
To achieve this we need to hear everyone's voice, I can't fix it, the VCV can't fix it, You can fix it.
But together, we can fix it (now I sound like Bob the Builder!, sorry!)

Vannin
Vannin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramble 25/2/2011, 3:04 pm

( In the voice of Chris Rock )............ CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG..........

Sorry guys, watching the LONGEST YARD ealier today and this came to mind tonight..Sorry.lol! lol!
Ramble
Ramble

Back to top Go down

Post by vanner065 25/2/2011, 3:44 pm

Well said Russell, very well said. After reading "vanner64's" comments just here and appologising to you only, i personally would not accept it from him and i think your club should not in respect to all vanners around the country. It doesn't just do damage to this site and Majestic site, it does damage to all Australian vanners because there are vanners from all over the world on both sites and they are probably thinking have a look at these idiots, all they do is fight and argue. Does he realise what he is doing to vanning in this country? Grow up Sean!!!! If not, go away and leave the real vanners to enjoy their sport. I do not know exactly (well can't remember) what Seans problem is with the VCV, but he obviously has issues within himself if after all these years he still has a problem with the VCV. But what i don't understand is why he wants to butcher this site, it has nothing to do with the VCV, it never has!!! It was a forum set up for all Australian Vanners after Fres closed down his site. It just so happened it was started by a Victorian, wonder if his attitude would be different if it was started by some one in NSW?? Call it quits Sean and get over your problems, or get them seen to.

John, it has been tried to get a National body going but due to the size of this country it just did not work. NSW had a Van Council and that folded and has not been able to recover since, Russell was trying to get one going again but i do not know where it is at.

Ramble, it's just a fact of life we all "can't just get along", most of us try but there is always some one who won't make the effort. But those that do, will remain here and show up at vanning events and the nationals and will be friendly and obliging to each other.
vanner065
vanner065
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by g-man 26/2/2011, 6:12 pm

lifes too short to keep arguing fellas Exclamation me,i'm still hibernating up in pomland
p.s. any of you guys in N.Z,our sympathies
g-man
g-man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/2/2011, 8:29 pm

James

I wish to respond to your comments.

Firstly, if you see my initial post, I didnt have the MV signature at the bottom of the page. This meant I was commenting as a private individual and not as a vanner of MV. I am very proud of belonging to Majestic Vanners. We are strong growing group of vanners spread across Australia, including Victoria, NSW, Queensland, WA, Tasmania, amongst others; that includes vanners of different interests and occupations. I would never damage the reputation of MV, which has arisen from the ashes from nothing, to be the leading van group in the country today.

Secondly, since the VCV is an open and transparent body, then it could demonstrate to the vanning community, on this forum, the gate takings for every Van Show on Easter Sunday, for every Nats. It would be good to see.

Thirdly, since the VCV is an open and transparent body, then it could demonstrate to the vanning community, on this forum, the income and revenue of every Nats since its inception. This would be good to see as well.

Fourthly, since the VCV is an open and body, then it could demonstrate to the vanning community, on this forum, the judging sheets of every Nats since its inception. I know for a fact that if you live in Victoria, and have Victorian numberplates, that you get judged differently, rather than on your own merits, with the odd exception. In saying this, this is not a reflection of my very proud mates in MV who reside in Victoria but a genuine fact.

Fifthly, since the VCV is an open and transparent body, then it could demonstrate to the vanning community, on this forum, the membership composition of its vanners, ie where they are located, how many active vanners, how many show vans, make and model of each van, demographic characteristics of your vanners etc

If you could produce these findings within the next week, then we could all see the truer picture of the VCV and the Nats today. I will apologise to the VCV when these findings are published.

I agree that life is too short to argue and that we should all stick together as vanners but as soon as there is any criticism of the VCV, which used to be known as the peak vanning body in this country, alot of vanners comes to its defence without hearing the facts. Its about time that the facts be revealled.

(In signing off, these comments are mine and mine alone. These are not, repeat, not, those of MV. If you going to attack me, attack me as an individual, not for my association with MV).

cheers

Sean

Keep on Vanning

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramble 27/2/2011, 2:57 am

Ok, so iam probably not the brightest match in the box but I have ask Vanner64 these ?s

what would be the point of post on this site all the points you ask.
how many vans, how many vanners,what location, do you need vanners Undie sizes and colour?
Vic plates?? Cmon. you being serious?
Revenue of every Nats? thats just silly... gate takings? Why,do you think its being used incorrectly?

I do agree that the judging should be transperent but post on this site? take up a far bit of time dont you think, maybe if ppl are interested they could obtain a hard copy from the organizers,just a thought.
The nats are organized for vanners and i believe anyone can have a go at it, well have a go, maybe in nsw again would be good,,then maybe only NSW plated vans would win, Cmon thats just stupid

Iam not a member of ANY club or organization, Im an independed vanner and judging by this sort of bullshit I will stay that way.
If your into vanning for yourself then youve made a start.
peace out vanners.
Ramble
Ramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum