Vanning Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox
Latest topics
» Show us your Van
Need info on restoring recently purchased WB Van Empty9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
Need info on restoring recently purchased WB Van Empty9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
Need info on restoring recently purchased WB Van Empty6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
Need info on restoring recently purchased WB Van Empty25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
Need info on restoring recently purchased WB Van Empty1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
Need info on restoring recently purchased WB Van Empty14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
Need info on restoring recently purchased WB Van Empty13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
Need info on restoring recently purchased WB Van Empty26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
Need info on restoring recently purchased WB Van Empty1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

Need info on restoring recently purchased WB Van

3 posters

Go down

Need info on restoring recently purchased WB Van Empty Need info on restoring recently purchased WB Van

Post by Vicdic05 20/6/2010, 3:32 pm

Was wondering if I was able to get some pointers on restoring a WB Van. My first car was a WB van with a statesman front end which was wrote off by a "mate" and looking forward to get getting behind an old beast again (been a decade now). If any one could find the time to answer some questions I have would be appriecated. The new beast is an 84 WB with L14 blue 202, a M40 trimate on the tree with a GV4 3:36:1 salisbury. The body has no rust but has a few small dents which need to be sorted out. I would also like to convert her to a 308 with a Turbo 350 tranny. Should I start with the body or running gear? should I get the car a RWC first before worrying about major work carried out? What would a conversion cost including basic 308, tranny, extra parts and install (rough estimate)? Any recommendations on what businesses I can use in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne?

Any other info to help me along the way would help greatly. I love the panel vans but not much of a tech head. Look forward to hearing any feedback. Will attempt to post some pics of the old and new van.

Cheers, Dick.

Vicdic05

Back to top Go down

Need info on restoring recently purchased WB Van Empty Re: Need info on restoring recently purchased WB Van

Post by mazdragon 21/6/2010, 3:14 am

Hi dick
Welcome to the forum. I have an 84 WB as well, same but 3 on the tree. Looking at doing the conversion to a 308 as well but straight gas. I'm allowing around $5K for my conversion, probably a little over the top, but there's always something that crops up. Also depends if you're doing it yourself or having it done for you. Most of mine will be done for me, I can do mechanicals, but not by myself. Depends on where you are in Melbourne as to who can help out. There's a few places around and I'm sure there'll be a few with advice on good people to use, so watch out for the responses on here. Also have a look at our vanning website www.vanning.org.au. If you feel like it and you're not too far away, you could come to one of our meetings held the 1st thursday of every month at the Hot Rod Rooms in Oakleigh. Details on the website. You may also be interested in our Australian Van Nationals held every easter, 2011 is back at Phillip Island. Vans from all around Australia attend. A good evant to get ideas and talk about conversions and upgrades and remodelling and more upgrades.... you know the drill, it's NEVER finished! Hope you get what you want with the van.
seeya
Maz
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Need info on restoring recently purchased WB Van Empty Re: Need info on restoring recently purchased WB Van

Post by Vannin 21/6/2010, 10:54 am

Seems to be WB's popping up everywhere now, becoming just as common as the appliance white.

Like Maz said Dick, come down, meet some of the heads, milk their brains for info & details (some of the heads are full of many decades of vanning!)...

John.
Vannin
Vannin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down