Vanning Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox
Latest topics
» Show us your Van
Summernats - Page 2 Empty9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
Summernats - Page 2 Empty9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
Summernats - Page 2 Empty6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
Summernats - Page 2 Empty25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
Summernats - Page 2 Empty1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
Summernats - Page 2 Empty14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
Summernats - Page 2 Empty13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
Summernats - Page 2 Empty26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
Summernats - Page 2 Empty1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

Summernats

+7
Mexican
GAMBLR
mazdragon
502Sandman
wizard1
highwaymenace
Moppo
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Summernats - Page 2 Empty Re: Summernats

Post by wizard1 17/12/2008, 10:25 pm

leaving home around lunch time on the 1/1 leaving to come home on the 5/1 daz what is happening about the truck send me your address and i will get it sent to you by courier thanx wizard
wizard1
wizard1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mexican 20/12/2008, 2:05 am

Hi Guys,
I'm heading up NYE DAY, Ive got a 10am Thursday scrutinering time slot to look forward to.
Back on the Sunday or Monday depending on if I have to work the monday.
Mexican
Mexican

Back to top Go down

Post by Moppo 23/12/2008, 11:52 am

Wahoooo Only 7 sleeps till summernats Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Moppo
Moppo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/12/2008, 10:41 pm

Not sure if I can make it now, might have put a bit too much Nitrous into my motor and it is now starting to blow smoke and blow oil out the dipstick at high revs, OPPS, I think I got too gready with the extra horses, I was going to rebuild it after the Ntas and just wanted to make sure the gas was set up correct, cheers Vandil.

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 23/12/2008, 11:12 pm

Andrew, hope things are ok...? you boys will just never learn, and they say girls are never satisfied.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Shocked
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 24/12/2008, 12:16 am

Hi Andrew, that dont sound too good at all,, NOS is good but sometimes ya gets the better of us and we use to much, dont know wht they call it laughing gas..
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

http://www.highwaymenace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/12/2008, 12:42 am

Yours correct Daz, pulled motor down and has broken two pistons, only problem know is where do you find some parts to rebuild between now and Summernats, FAT CHANCE- any way my mate has offered me his Sandman van to drive up but wouldnt be the same,so not sure what to do as I have paid for motel etc,cheers Andrew.

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 26/12/2008, 3:56 am

thats not good to hear,, maybe you might have some luck tomorrow with a speed shop or 2 open,
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/12/2008, 2:14 pm

highwaymenace wrote:thats not good to hear,, maybe you might have some luck tomorrow with a speed shop or 2 open,

Is that an available option for you Vandil??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/12/2008, 2:16 pm

Hey guys, started at 8:00 am today and finished at 10:30pm, pulled engine out, pulled engine down, cleaned 14 years of crud out of everywhere, mate was about to rebuild a stroker for a customer and had new standard bearings and rings, gaskets, honed it out and slipped it all back together, ( Broken oil ring tensioners on two pistons)put it back in car and ran it in on his dyno and drove home all going well, so fingers crossed I will be at the Ntas, cheers Andrew.

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 27/12/2008, 2:46 pm

Great work see ya there.. and Andrew dont touch the NITROUS,,, ok.
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/12/2008, 9:53 am

Your not the only one to tell me that Daz, the missus gave me the riot act and told me to leave the bottle at home, Guess I had better listen to her, see you at the Ntas and we can all get togheter down in Dickson and have a can or two and watch the cruising one of the nights, cheers Andrew.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moppo 28/12/2008, 12:13 pm

Been watching this thread with all sadness Sad Sad Sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
But now i am stoked that your going Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
The dickson thing sounds awsome,. Come on SUMMERNATS. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Moppo
Moppo

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 28/12/2008, 12:42 pm

thinking of calling Chic tomorrow and asking him to delay the Summernats for 1 more day,, to give me some more time to fix up the interior, do you think he will ? Question Question Question Rolling Eyes
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/12/2008, 1:53 pm

vandil wrote:Hey guys, started at 8:00 am today and finished at 10:30pm, pulled engine out, pulled engine down, cleaned 14 years of crud out of everywhere, mate was about to rebuild a stroker for a customer and had new standard bearings and rings, gaskets, honed it out and slipped it all back together, ( Broken oil ring tensioners on two pistons)put it back in car and ran it in on his dyno and drove home all going well, so fingers crossed I will be at the Ntas, cheers Andrew.

GREAT WORK Vandil.
You'll turn some heads when you get to Summernats. Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/12/2008, 1:54 pm

highwaymenace wrote:thinking of calling Chic tomorrow and asking him to delay the Summernats for 1 more day,, to give me some more time to fix up the interior, do you think he will ? Question Question Question Rolling Eyes

You never know Daz. Wink Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/12/2008, 7:51 pm

Hey Daz you can only give it a shot at delaying the Nats for one day, save driving up with a Hangover anyways, we should use one of us as a meeting person to get us all in the one spot for some photos and to get a good spot in Dickson as it sounds like there is about 5 of us going to be there, have a safe drive and hope it doesnt rain, cheers Andrew.

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 29/12/2008, 12:12 am

Have a safe trip up yourself.. that also applies to everyone where ever you go..

anyone going to be at the Summernats,, if ya cant find me and want to call.. 0432 916 220 ( put it in ya phone ).
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Bunny 29/12/2008, 2:18 am

Good luck to all vanners going to the summernats and please watch out for all those pollies living in a world of there own Very Happy
Big Bunny
Big Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 29/12/2008, 2:21 am

I am gunna be too busy watching out for those dam Roo's// bugger the pollies.
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 29/12/2008, 3:55 am

highwaymenace wrote:I am gunna be too busy watching out for those dam Roo's// bugger the pollies.

... and cows!!! lol! lol! lol!
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 29/12/2008, 4:15 am

what you talkin bout ???? do ya mean James the cowboy..
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 29/12/2008, 7:29 am

thought you'd figure that one out for yourself... you knows, cows on the highway??.....
i drove to shep on christmas and came across sheep on the highway.....i need new seat covers but i didn't really want to start that far from scratch lol! lol! lol!
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mexican 29/12/2008, 11:54 am

vandil wrote:Hey Daz you can only give it a shot at delaying the Nats for one day, save driving up with a Hangover anyways, we should use one of us as a meeting person to get us all in the one spot for some photos and to get a good spot in Dickson as it sounds like there is about 5 of us going to be there, have a safe drive and hope it doesnt rain, cheers Andrew.

Hey Andrew, AWESOME you got the motor done, was going to suggest you put in for "Hard Luck", I say put in for fast turn around. I left the rod at home one year but still got all the goodies as an entrant - the stickers.

we MUST get all of us together for a group shot. THere is a car park that over looks the lake and has the parliment houses behind and then the war memorial infront (dare I say used to have lunch here a bit, when I lived there) If not there we could drive on up near to old parliment and have it or the war memorial behind us.
It is north side of the lake.

Dickson gets a huge amount of people, and forget closer into town, cops love to shut it down.

Where u staying?? number is 0418 350 175. Im in Ngunawal and have mates in Belconnen Caravan park. Great place for a beer is All Bar Nunn in Oconner, Dan is an ex melbourne guy and the pub is a great spot.
There is also Old Canberra in great beer garden and and old haunt for the nats. I'm heading up Wednesday, got early morning scruitneering Thursday. Call me when you lob into town.
mex
Mexican
Mexican

Back to top Go down

Post by Elegantly Wasted 29/12/2008, 6:45 pm

Congrats to everyone who made the real street finals. More than ten vans in one place, so looks like we're going...
Will take a break from the van to check out the SNats (and those new murals).
Chrissy and I will be there on Friday and heading back home on Saturday arvo.

Fres
0434 350 407
Elegantly Wasted
Elegantly Wasted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next