Vanning Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox
Latest topics
» Show us your Van
why are police Empty9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
why are police Empty9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
why are police Empty6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
why are police Empty25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
why are police Empty1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
why are police Empty14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
why are police Empty13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
why are police Empty26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
why are police Empty1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

why are police

3 posters

Go down

why are police Empty why are police

Post by ozbox 31/7/2009, 9:22 am

not all as smart as they should be....my son just bought an unreg vl and had to drive it 2 k to an inspection station for rego...no number plates,he is sitting at the lights and a highway patrol person is sitting opposite,the highway patrol person jumps out of his car and sprints across the intersection to tell sonny to pull over....wtf affraid ....then he parks and comes back to sonny and gives him 3rd degree,asks for proof of purchase papers..which he supplied...then says i am going back to the station to check wether this is legal to drive unregistered to an inspection station...why do they not know the basic laws..... clown

ozbox

Back to top Go down

why are police Empty Re: why are police

Post by highwaymenace 31/7/2009, 11:47 am

lol...

here in vic we have to buy a 7 day or 28 day permit to drive a car even if we have the RWC to vic roads to rego it..
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

http://www.highwaymenace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/7/2009, 12:56 pm

Hi, that last post about having to get a permit to drive your vehicle to Vicroads for rego is very much wrong.
In Victoria if your vehicle has been booked into a Customer Service Centre to be registered it does not need a Permit to be driven there, The booking number given at time of making appointment is all that is needed when intercepted by a Vicpol or Vicroads member.

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 31/7/2009, 12:58 pm

thanks Andrew. i'm getting to old to keep up with it all. hope i dont need to do any of that again.. when i sell the menace i will be buying from a car yard and let them do it all.
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

http://www.highwaymenace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramble 31/7/2009, 1:58 pm

In nsw you are allowed to attend a Inspection station for the purpose of inspection and also to affect repairs while unregisterd, provided you take the safest & shortest route, Thats a contradiction in terms if ever there was one.

Heres one for the books. Cop stops a mate in 93 for towing an unrego trailer, mate says he just built it and is going to get it rego'd but cop books him anyway.(as the RTA told him thats wot to do) go's and gets stat. declaration from inspection garage saying he attended for inspection and shows traffic sargent at cop shop. Sargent says he should've told them b4 he travelled and that fine is legal.
Mate takes it to court, magistrate says police in wrong BUT fine will stand on technicality. GO FIGURE.
Ramble
Ramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down