Vanning Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox
Latest topics
» Show us your Van
2010 VAN NATS - Page 6 Empty9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
2010 VAN NATS - Page 6 Empty9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
2010 VAN NATS - Page 6 Empty6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
2010 VAN NATS - Page 6 Empty25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
2010 VAN NATS - Page 6 Empty1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
2010 VAN NATS - Page 6 Empty14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
2010 VAN NATS - Page 6 Empty13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
2010 VAN NATS - Page 6 Empty26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
2010 VAN NATS - Page 6 Empty1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

2010 VAN NATS

+19
Ltd van
Black Eagle
hell raiser
wkdvan
Ramble
Crackers
SWAY
transit350
alien8
TheBed
Elegantly Wasted
vanner065
custom vanner
Vannin
mazdragon
Skippy
CURSED
highwaymenace
M&M
23 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

2010 VAN NATS - Page 6 Empty Re: 2010 VAN NATS

Post by transit350 14/10/2009, 3:27 am

Hi M & M, We will give you our entry and money this weekend when we see you.

Regards

Paul and Sue
transit350
transit350

Back to top Go down

Post by M&M 14/10/2009, 11:58 am

Thanks Paul & Sue see you in a few days at the old Farts 50th. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing affraid affraid
M&M
M&M

Back to top Go down

Post by M&M 14/10/2009, 1:54 pm

Hell Raiser we look forward to meeting you... our Bedford is 5 years in to a 12 month rebuild! Shocked The other van is having a head re-condition, new cam and a chip change coupled with a Mafless tune!! And for the benefit of the REV vanners, the answer is always more horse power LOL Very Happy
You don't need to have a van just an interest in vanning. We were president and secretary of the Van council of Victoria years ago and did not own a van!.... now we have two. Smile
M&M
M&M

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 24/11/2009, 3:57 am

Dearest Fellow Vanners,
U know u want to, u know u hav to, so why don't u? We have a great bunch of people who are putting in an amazing effort in their spare time to create an event for u to catch up with your mates from local and interstate, we have a great venue in a great location - heck, you're even going "overseas" for this one. If it wasn't for the current organising committee stepping forward and up to the task of organising your van nationals that you like to attend every year at easter - for some a religious holiday in more ways than one - you wouldn't really have anywhere to go and show your pride and joy. Let's share what we have, get our entries in and make it a nationals to remember. The theme is Vantasy Island - just imagine what you could do with that... u can use the theme the whole weekend, just for Sat nites entertainment or just for show day. I've heard complaints about the pricing, well, let's face it, if you pay for your entry along with your meals, you would have to carry less to the event in your vehicle - this makes the vehicle lighter, therefore, less weight therefore, less fuel consumption - you'll actually save on fuel, therefore, it's not more expensive to go. Another whinge I hear is that you can't bring alcohol into the venue. There's another saving, in fuel, i.e. carrying your grog from interstate - as some do, less weight, less fuel etc etc. This also means less shopping required, less money required to spend on food whilst at the event, therefore, another saving cos your food is paid for, and, therefore, more time for leisure... This also means less time in the kitchen cooking, doing dishes and less time having to wonder what you're going to cook when you can't be bothered. The only meal you need to worry about is lunch - and let's face it, the way some of you party, you'll be having a nanna nap about lunchtime anyways, so you won't need food. Therefore, you're breakfast is catered, your dinner is catered and a chocie bar for lunch after your nap will suffice, or let's face it, beer contains calories, hops, barley etc etc, so there's your vegies for lunch. I am writing this of my own accord. I don't understand why there seems to be a reluctance ?, apathy? towards the next nationals. We really really need more pre-entries, the event is not threatened (from what I understand), but we need to get more entries in so we have the financials to continue organising. We need to also find more sponsors, so if you know someone who may be interested, get their details and let the organising committee know. Or, ask for a sponsors pack and get one to them yourself. By the way, if you don't want to, you don't have to take the catered option, you can byo all your own food and we'll watch you cook and slave over a hot stove whilst we enjoy being served and waited on - hav deck chair - can be an audience. Re the alcohol, sometimes, when no other suitable options are available, you just hav to go with what's on offer - no one else stepped forward and took on the challenge - we're not all happy with it - but if you like, you are very welcome to organise next year's and do it your way - so long as, of course, you stick within the guidelines of organising a nationals. So, where the bloody hell r u?
thanks for your time if you read this to the end.
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by M&M 25/11/2009, 10:06 am

Marion we can always count on you .... thanks for the vote of confidence Matie xxx
M&M
M&M

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/11/2009, 11:20 am

Well put Maz.
But having said that, i'm not going as my boss has cancelled my holidays as he is taking his family to NZ for a special occasion.

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 26/11/2009, 1:09 am

just wait till he leaves and lock up he will never know..
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

http://www.highwaymenace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hell raiser 26/11/2009, 6:37 am

i agree with daz what till he leaves and lock up , well the van nats are a special occasion also.

hell raiser

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 8/1/2010, 7:18 am

Went for a visit to the venue for this year and took the following shots. All in all a good venue, fenced, secure, good facilities incl. good toilets and showers, laundry (who in their rite mind???), some shade, close to shops etc. etc.
Split level bar, this is standing at the entrance looking up at the top level
2010 VAN NATS - Page 6 Suc51813
These 2 shots are the top level
2010 VAN NATS - Page 6 Suc51814
2010 VAN NATS - Page 6 Suc51815
This is the bar looking down from the top level - there's heaps of space in here for admin, presentations etc etc
2010 VAN NATS - Page 6 Suc51816
This is where the car games will be held, the green area behind that u can see is the camping area
2010 VAN NATS - Page 6 Suc51817
This we believe to be the powered sites, as you can see, not many, but plenty of shade
2010 VAN NATS - Page 6 Suc51818
This is the campsite from the entrance looking away from the facilities. It is on a slope, but it's nice and green and the trees surrounding will give shade as the sun goes down. There's also lighting in the middle so it won't be completely dark.
2010 VAN NATS - Page 6 Suc51819
This is viewing from the campground back to the facilities.
2010 VAN NATS - Page 6 Suc51820

As u can all see, the facilities are good. The campground is separate from the show grounds - which, BTW I forgot to take a pic of, ooops, sorry about that. The show area is on the other side of the facilities buildings so absolutely separate to the camping, it will also be cordened off to prevent anyone from getting into any area close to camping. The kitchen facilities are great too so the caterers can really look after us, there's BBQ's etc that we can use too.

Re what's available in surrounding area: There are quite a few caravan parks in Cowes which is only a few minutes down the road. Most have onsite cabins and/or vans, powered or non powered sites. There are also B&B's etc etc... Or what the heck, u could even camp with us - we really don't bite much ( Wink ).
Other sights to see: well where do we start, not sure on penguins, we may not have any at that time of year.... The Churchill Island Festival will be on, there's heaps of restaurants including pubs, shopping, mini golf, water slides, markets, there's the A Maze'N Things which are puzzles and mini golf as well, Koala Park, Helicopter flights (which I believe are well worth it), The Nobbies Centre which overlooks the ocean and you may even see the seals through the telescopes, a Chocolate Factory, Tenpin Bowling, Vineyards, Trout Farm (for those that would like to go fishing), surfing, heaps of beaches, Vietnam Vets Museum, and inter-island Ferries, Go Karts, Philip Island Grand Prix Circuit which we are still hoping to be able to have a tour through, walking tracks, cycling tracks. There's also fresh fish available at the Co-op in San Remo, the catches are brought in daily and are the freshest seafood - straight out of the ocean and into the shop, prices are good. To enlighten yourself totally, visit website visitphillipisland.com - there's a lot of info there on what this wonderful place has to offer.
Below is a map of Philip Island, the venue is located just up from the corner of Gap Road and Back Beach Road on Gap Road towards Cowes.
2010 VAN NATS - Page 6 Philip10
Just some blurb from a brochure....
2010 VAN NATS - Page 6 Vi_110
2010 VAN NATS - Page 6 Vi_210

OK, hopefully i haven't bored u all and the above gives u an insight on what to expect when u come down and join us for your nationals for the weekend. If you want more info, go to the website i've mentioned or give someone a hoi on the forum. Looking forward to seeing your entries roll in.
Thanks
Maz
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 8/1/2010, 8:30 am

Also thought it prudent to incl. an entry form for those that keep looking for one...
2010 VAN NATS - Page 6 2010_e10
2010 VAN NATS - Page 6 2010_e11
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by lozzie 8/1/2010, 9:51 am

This looks good. I had a look through google and most of the stuff i saw on last years van nats were not panel vans, but the other vans lol do many pannos goto this event? so i could come and camp there for the 4 days? sorry dont know much about it thats all
lozzie
lozzie

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 8/1/2010, 11:58 am

yes u can, there's all types of vans, go to www.vanning.org.au for our website and have a look at past nationals and other info. The details for the nats are on the forms that i posted. You can prepay for meals included or prepay and provide your own catering - we will bring deck chairs and beer to watch u cook since most of us are being waited upon. You can also pay in instalments, but you should make sure you finish paying by 1/3/10 or earlier. Reason being is that the entrant money forms the main part of our money raising to enable tshirts, trophies pins patches etc etc. Sponsorship is also most welcome of course - ranging from $50 (?) to $5K for top sponsorship privaleges. If you know someone who'd love to sponsor, please let them know or let us know their details, we can follow up. The entry form is also on our website. Most people arrive Wed or Thurs and depart Monday, depending on how far they're coming from. At this stage we have entrants from WA, TAS, QLD and NSW, not sure on our delegate in NT, he doesn't know whether he can make it. Hope this helps.
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by M&M 11/1/2010, 12:37 pm

Thanks Maz, your doing a great PR job, but you forgot to mention there are a few entrants from Vic as well Wink We are also hoping that a few from SA will enter soon.
M&M
M&M

Back to top Go down

Post by HZSandman 13/1/2010, 9:27 am

Quick question that may have been asked already.

How much is it to come for one night (Saturday night), no food, no judging on the Sunday. Just come down and stay for Saturday cruise, Sat night, Sunday show n shine?
HZSandman
HZSandman

Back to top Go down

Post by M&M 14/1/2010, 10:12 am

HZSandman wrote:Quick question that may have been asked already.

How much is it to come for one night (Saturday night), no food, no judging on the Sunday. Just come down and stay for Saturday cruise, Sat night, Sunday show n shine?
The cost per Day or part there of is $35 per head. We do not want to have to chase people at midnight, or any other time to tell them they have to leave. If you can come for Saturday then you can get a day pass which will cover you until Sunday Morning. we looked at the alternatives and decided that the easiest way was just to do day passes that get you through the night. This way if you are having a good time and drink to much we don't want to throw you out on the street. Otherwise we will spend the whole event trying to work out who is where, when they should be leaving, who has tried to sneak around the back of someone elses camp etc. (And yes it has happened in the past).
M&M
M&M

Back to top Go down

Post by M&M 21/1/2010, 10:55 am

To all. we are ordering Pins, Patches etc early next week, so if you do not have your entry in by now you have about 3 days to get it to us or miss out. As with everything for this nats we will be placing orders based purely on the entries we have received. We will be ordering trophies in about 3 weeks, so if you get to the nats and find that there is not a category for you this will be because we did not know you were coming. If you donot tell us you are coming we can not cater for you.
So if you are coming to the nats get your entry in NOW. if you want pins, patches, stickers, stubby holders T-Shirts, get your entry in NOW if not before.
M&M
M&M

Back to top Go down

Post by M&M 29/1/2010, 12:24 pm

Pins, Patches etc being ordered tomorrow, if you have not ordered by now you will probably miss out. Thank you
M&M
M&M

Back to top Go down

Post by M&M 12/2/2010, 9:47 am

To all who have entered, yo should receive your receipt and advise sheet in the next week or 2 (we are still writing thye advise sheet so please be patient), hopefully before the end of Feb. if you do not get these please let us know, cause that means we do not have your entry form yet.
M&M
M&M

Back to top Go down

2010 VAN NATS - Page 6 Empty Program,,,Get your Program

Post by Ramble 28/2/2010, 6:06 am

Hi. is there a published program for the weekend IE:- cost for public access, show n shine day , cruise day and so forth.
Ramble
Ramble

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 28/2/2010, 10:49 am

not yet... we're still working on the Nats Newsletter... all will be revealed.... Cool
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramble 2/3/2010, 12:50 pm

mazdragon wrote:not yet... we're still working on the Nats Newsletter... all will be revealed.... Cool

Just needed to know what day public veiwing for the show n shine so i can book flights and accom. for one night is all .
Ramble
Ramble

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace 2/3/2010, 1:24 pm

i beleive its Sunday as normal.
highwaymenace
highwaymenace

http://www.highwaymenace.com

Back to top Go down

2010 VAN NATS - Page 6 Empty Nats Update 2010

Post by M&M 4/3/2010, 7:26 am

Yes the show is on Sunday, the cruise is on Saturday. and contrary to the stories being spread by we believe the person who actually should be organising the event as VCV past president. the now called Stalag 13 Nats due to lack of fires, no noise no alcohol etc. I would just like to point out that again this person is talking through their arse.
There WILL be a community Fire. there are no noise restrictions, we just asked that people be considerate to others around them, particularly those with children and keep generators to a minimum after 10:30pm. Drinks will be available at the bar at VERY reasonable prices. Free tea and coffee are available all weekend, there will be car games on the grass, children will be welcome to ride bikes etc, in fact we will have an area put aside for them. If it is windy there are trees to shelter the wind, we can not control the weather but it is on Phillip Island.
We have tried to let everyone know what is going on via this forum but it would appear people would rather listen to people making up bullshit that refer to the facts that are here.
Anyone who has not entered by March 1st and wants, pins patches, stickers, stubby holders, tuff it is to late as advised a month ago. if you have not pre ordered meals by 8:00 tonight 04-03-2010 Tuff it will be to late.
we have been telling you all this for months so hope to see you all there. it will be fun, the trophy list has been ordered based on pre entries as at 01-03-2010 so it will all happen based on the support we have received by the vanning community THAT IS YOU LOT.
Happy Vanning
M&M
M&M

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/3/2010, 7:37 am

hi
does anyone know what the cabins have in them that sleeps 5
is double and 3 singles or 5 singles and does it have anything else in them just trying to work out bedding to take

thanks kerry

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon 22/3/2010, 3:46 am

there are approx. 8 bunks in the cabins with only bunks.... not sure what you have booked, there are cabins there with only bunks in them and nothing else. There are also cabins that have bunks and a bathroom. Best give M&M a call, they can tell u best.
thanks
M
mazdragon
mazdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next